still inspired...

>> Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Even with the delicious new ranges from CHA I am still finding so much inspiration from the older lines. Today I'd like to share two layouts, one using This & That and another with Happily Lost.

I absolutely adore this photo of my oldest and youngest together. Lucy dotes on Archie so much, it always warms my heart to see how much she loves him. Given how much I love the photo, I wanted to keep the layout simple to make sure it was the main focus. I've used one quite neutral paper as my background and then just added some splashes of colour by punching butterflies out of some of the brighter papers.



Even with a simple layout I wanted to include some dimension so I've added some bright baker's twine in big loops, letting them stand up from the page.


Products used:
This & That - Teacup
This & That - Linens
This & That - Brooch
This & That - Label Stickers
This & That - Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Stationery - Slushie

The second layout is one of myself with my dear friend Jenae who recently sold her scrapbooking store. This photo was taken at the farewell party. I've gone with pink and lime green as these were the colours of the store logo.


It is such a bold combination that the layout looked almost full before it was started and yet I wanted to include lots of detail. I decided to group my embellishments into tight clusters which allowed me to use a lot of little bits and pieces without the layout looking too cluttered.


Products used:
Stationery - Pear
Stationery - Slushie
Happily Lost - Hammock
Happily Lost - ABC Stickers
Happily Lost - Mixed Cardstock Stickers
This & That - Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Three Little Birds - Laugh Run-Ons

Don't forget to post your Lily Bee creations on our Facebook page - we always love to see how you've used our products - new AND old!



4 comments:

nancy August 30, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

Love the movement and color on both of these layouts! So pretty.

Unknown August 31, 2011 at 1:01 AM  

These are gorgeous! Love the color combos and the splashes of black.

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock August 31, 2011 at 1:11 AM  

you've outdone yourself (again) Georgia...I love the simplicity of the first and the colours of the second. I also love your little clusters. btw how do you get that 'black' around the edge of your uploaded photo? your uploads always look so much more inviting (than mine anywaysz) :)

georgia keays August 31, 2011 at 5:49 AM  

Mazz, the black is card stock.. I trim down a piece of white to 11 x 11 and mount it on black... Yes, my card stock bill is kinda high!

Post a Comment