Recycling Inspiration

>> Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Some days, I find myself with a little spare time and my first thought? Scrapping! OK. That's a lie. My first thought is NAP! Hahahah! But alas, with three kids, napping during the day is not usually an option. So back to scrapping.

Sometimes I sit down to get started and suddenly draw a blank. I have photos, I have products, but design... uhm... Sometimes it just escapes me.

There are great inspiration blogs, with sketches, color challenges, product challenges. But lately, I have found that there's no need to invent the wheel again and again. I can just scraplift myself. Yup. Myself!

Case in point, this layout I created for Simple Scrapbooks magazine a few years ago. It's still of my favorites.

I took that simple, but graphically strong design and made another layout. And a card! The other thing I did was to challenge  myself to use up the scraps of paper I was creating with the punched circles. I used our Tiny Tablets, and only one big sheet of paper.





Lily Bee supplies:
patterned paper: Stationery-Mushroom
Tiny Tablets: Picket Fence, Happily Lost, This & That
ABC Stickers: Picket Fence, Happily Lost, This & That
Stamp: Happily Lost Acrylic Stamps

other: punches, stamps, pop up dots

So next time you are feeling stumped by scrapbooking, pull out your old favorites and do it all over again!

6 comments:

Lisa Dickinson August 31, 2011 at 6:53 AM  

good reminder :) of course, it helps to have fabulous pages like yours to draw inspiration from :P

Jenni August 31, 2011 at 10:12 AM  

lovely layout and such great advice !!!

Jean Franks Beck August 31, 2011 at 2:29 PM  

Beautiful layouts - both the old and the new! Love the way you've used the alphas here, too.

Katja Schneider September 1, 2011 at 5:49 AM  

Love all the different colors of alpha stickers together! Circles are always a great design element...love them on the layout and card!

Ronda Palazzari September 1, 2011 at 3:06 PM  

can i recycle you layout because it is just stunning!!! I love the new creations too!

Post a Comment