Beachin'

>> Thursday, June 16, 2011

Good Thursday morning everyone! Now that summer is upon us, that means lots of summertime fun with plenty of photo ops. I thoroughly enjoy spending summer days on the beach; who doesn't?! I love looking back at past years trips to the beach & getting inspired to pack our beach bag, cooler & road trip to the coast.

My layout share for today showcases one of my favorite photos I made last year. Spending a wonderful time chillin' on the beach while my two little's had an amazing time catching waves.


To create this layout, I layered two decorative border strips together, creating a slim band in the middle. I embellished the area with bits of chipboard shapes, rub-ons & a single flower. I didn't want to overwhelm the page with too many embellishments, but I also wanted some impact to the design.

I was originally going to use just the one large 5" x 7" photo on the page & add journaling strips, but it didn't seem complete enough to me. So, I printed out extra photos & used my circle cutter to finish my page. Added the tiny ABC stickers & the 12" journaling photo strip at the bottom, topping it off with a decorative border just for fun. I like how the circles through the page balances with splashes of blues tones throughout.

White creating this layout, I got the urge to plan several trips to the beach this summer. I even called up my parents letting them know of our plans for a visit & to beware of all the sand that will be invading their home this summer, once again.

Have a wonderful week, Cheers!

Lily Bee Supplies:
This & That Pretty Fabric
This & That ABC Stickers
Picket Fence Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Picket Fence ABC Stickers
Christmas Town Chipboard Stickers
Three Little Birds Laugh 12x12 Rub-Ons


Other Supplies:
Petaloo Floral Embellishment


4 comments:

LisaDay June 16, 2011 at 6:34 AM  

This layout is awesome!! Love the circle photos with the ABC stickers!

Unknown June 16, 2011 at 11:09 AM  

So pretty and happy-inducing! Love it. :)

Brandi June 16, 2011 at 3:57 PM  

What an inspiring layout …I can hear the waves lapping the shore. I'm in the mood for sand between my toes. Thanks for influencing my daydream of fun, beachy days.

Lisa Dickinson June 20, 2011 at 6:44 AM  

this is just gorgeous cindy! every little bit! :)

Post a Comment