Lily Bee Challenge: Paper Embellishments

>> Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Wednesday Lily Bee FANS :)

I'm super excited to bring on the next challenge. Are you ready? The challenge is to make Paper Embellishments & you must use at least one Lily Bee Design product. Pretty simple & FUN!

For this challenge, I used the Lovely collection to create pinwheels embellishments. I used three different size squares, 3x3, 3.5x3.5 & 3.75x3.75. Drew a line from one corner to corner and cut slits through all four corners, about 1/4 inch from center of square & folded every other corner into the center. Then, I embellished the centers with Lily Bee chipboard flowers & a Maya Road ribbon flower.


The idea for the pinwheels came from the little sand spinner in the photo...love the movement.

Lovely: Charm
Lovely: Splendid
Lovely: Whimsy
Lovely: Chipboard Stickers
Lovely 12x12 Rub-ons


To participate in the challenge, please use at least one Lily Bee product (any collection). Post your layout on Lily Bee's Facebook fan page & make sure to title your post Lily Bee Challenge: Paper Embellishments or you can include a link where your layout appears (gallery/blog) in the comment section of this post.

We will choose one lucky winner by random next Wednesday, March 16th, by 9pm EST. The winner will receive the ENTIRE Lovely collection! Good luck to everyone & I can't wait to see what you create :)


12 comments:

angie gutshall March 9, 2011 at 5:15 AM  

Cute pinwheels and fun layout! Love the challenge :)

Jodi March 9, 2011 at 5:49 AM  

What an adorable layout!! love the challenge!!!

Jenni March 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM  

ooh this is so pretty, cindy! i love those pinwheels!!!

Unknown March 9, 2011 at 8:49 AM  

So cute! Loving these challenges.

AmyBug March 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM  

Great Challenge and example. :)

Melissa March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM  

FUN.. I love this challenge. Will hopefully get to creating tonight. :)

Melissa March 12, 2011 at 3:12 PM  

I shared my layout on the Facebook page but have since took a new photo. Lighting was horrible for the first one. The new photo is on my blog. http://theprofoundbrunette.blogspot.com/2011/03/good-times.html :)

Brenda March 13, 2011 at 10:01 PM  

Such a great idea - and the inspiration is wonderful! I posted mine on FB.

Irit Shalom March 15, 2011 at 4:12 AM  

I made a whole mini book with LB papers and then added the small handmade spool fron the same paper with twine and pin
Here is my blog post- tried to post on the wall - couldn't..
http://iritshalom.blogspot.com/2011/03/sew-colorfull-mini-book.html

Natalie March 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

I just posted my layout to the Lily Bee FB page, but just in case, I'm going to link it up here: http://vegetablog.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/mccord-creek-trail/

Megan Aaron March 15, 2011 at 6:29 PM  

here is mine
http://thoughtsoftraveling.blogspot.com/2011/03/lily-bee-sketchy-thursdays-and-how.html

Deanna March 16, 2011 at 5:45 PM  

Thanks for a great challenge Cindy! Here's mine!
http://deannamisner.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-3-blessings.html

Post a Comment