Embrace the Unexpected.

>> Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Last weekend my daughter Jordan turned three years old. A few days before her birthday, I had a marvelous idea to *try* to take a great portrait of her. I am sure you know where this is going.

She insisted on wearing this silly bucket on her head. I couldn't convince her to take it off, and I knew if I made her take it off, I wouldn't get a photo period. So I embraced the unexpected and was able to truly captured her personality in that photo. I ended up loving the photo. And the bucket? It only adds charm in my opinion.

As I sat down to create a layout to go with this photo, I (again) had something completely different in mind. I was going to create something more symmetrical and less "messy", however when I began cutting and pasting a new idea developed. I abandoned all "plans" and created as I went. Which was so much fun.

I think it's important to remind ourselves that we don't always have to have a plan when it comes to scrapbooking. Sometimes the most creative ideas come at unexpected moments.


As I was looking at the various Lily Bee collections, I couldn't help but notice how each paper has such a sweet name. Kristen did such a great job at not only designing but also name each pattern paper. I had an unexpected burst of creativity and decided to cut out a few paper names ("charm" and "whimsy" from Lovely and "twirl" Hello Sunshine Collections) to use on my layout. They perfectly describe attributes I love about my daughter.

Lily Bee Supplies Used:
This and That Pattern Papers- Brooch, Milk Bottle, Linens, Postcard, Teacup
Rub-Ons: Three Little Birds 12x12 Accent Rub-Ons


I hope this inspires you to embrace the unexpected in your creative moments!

9 comments:

MichelleB March 8, 2011 at 4:30 AM  

Love this page! And love what kids will do!

Rhonda Van Ginkel March 8, 2011 at 5:43 AM  

Beautiful! The photo and this page are remarkable!!! I totally agree, the best shots are the unintentional and oozing with personality! : )

Jodi March 8, 2011 at 5:53 AM  

I love the layering!!! sooo cute!! That photo is tooo precious!!!

angie gutshall March 8, 2011 at 6:51 AM  

Great layering and fun picture! :)

Unknown March 8, 2011 at 7:17 AM  

Oh this is too good. And she does rock the bucket! Very Devo. ;)

LisaDay March 8, 2011 at 7:32 AM  

Wow! I love this page! The layering is awesome. I love the bucket!

Virginia March 8, 2011 at 7:36 PM  

This is awesome! And I love reading all your thoughts behind everything. Great tip on the words from the papers- I love it!

Gina March 9, 2011 at 8:09 AM  

This is lovely!!! I love the feeling behind it.

Post a Comment