Studio Peek: Lisa Day

>> Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hello there! Today, we are doing the first Studio Peek. Every so often, we'll visit the workspace of one of our design team members and get a tour. Plus, we'll ask them a few nosy questions (the design team submitted the questions.)

Our first test subject designer is Lisa Day. Lisa's work is clean and linear, with lots of color and details. Not only does she do a super job here at Lily Bee, but she also teaches at Big Picture Classes (I mean, aside from her day job, and being a mommy and wife). You can check out more of Lisa's work on her blog, This Is My Life.



1. Tell us about your scrap space.
My scrap area is in the basement which we are in the process of finishing right now. It’s connected to the main area and the kids play room so we can all be together. Although I can’t show you pictures of that right now because the play room is full of stuff we had to move out of the way in the basement! It’s my favorite part of the room. It’s nothing fancy, but it works great for me!


2. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a hoarder are you? And what products do you hoard the most? 
Um, I guess I’d say a 7. I’m not too bad of a hoarder but I do have more stuff than I could probably ever use in a lifetime! I definitely hoard letter stickers the most. They can make or break a layout so I always think I need to have the perfect ones on hand. Plus it’s hard to use up an entire sheet so I have lots!





3. What is your oldest, most prized scrapbook item? The one that has been discontinued and you just don't want to use it up?
I’d say my oldest, although probably not most prized, items are all my brads and doo dads. Lately I have been challenging myself to include them on my layouts since I have so many. I have them organized in an old type drawer which makes me happy. So, even if I don’t use them at least they look pretty!






4. What do you do when you have a creative block?
When I feel blocked I take a nap or go for a walk. I’ve learned not to force it.

5.
 Who inspires you? 
There are so many wonderful scrapbookers that inspire me. Too many to name as they inspire me for different reasons. In life, my family inspires me a lot. Also Dr. Seuss! Weird I know!

6. What's your favorite Lily Bee product? 

I have to pick a favorite? Sorry. Not gonna do it. 

7. How long does it usually take you to finish a layout? 

If I am time crunched I can pull of a page in 30 minutes. But, if I have more time I tend to hem and haw and take an hour or longer to finish a page.

8. Do you eat while scrapbooking? If yes, what? 

Not really. Sometimes I like to have m&m’s or some kind of chocolate on hand. I spill too much so I’ve stopped having much near by!

And because we wanted to know more!

Favorite food – Chips and Salsa from Chili’s

Dream travel destination – its a tie between Savannah, 
New Orleans and Italy



If I could choose a superhero power, it would be – Flying! Because I spend too much time commuting plus I'm always late. 

Favorite color combo – Turquoise and Red

Your perfect weekend – Sitting on the beach next to my husband with my feet in the sand and a book in my hand, the kids playing and laughing nearby.  Luckily that’s half of our weekends in the summer!



And finally, we asked her to share her favorite layout using Lily Bee products.
Lisa says, "It’s an oldie but this was the layout that made me fall in love with Lily Bee products!"


Thanks Lisa! 

9 comments:

Jenni March 10, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

i love your space lisa!!! And i always love your LB layouts! :)

Unknown March 10, 2011 at 11:59 AM  

Ha! I just noticed it's you sister on the layout, and not you. I was thinking "That Lisa is a goofball!" LOL!

Unknown March 10, 2011 at 1:32 PM  

Love your studio Lisa and lovin all your answers! Great feature!

Cathy March 10, 2011 at 4:23 PM  

Love your space and that layout is so fun!

LisaDay March 11, 2011 at 6:33 AM  

Thanks girls! That's funny Linda - she does get it from me though!!

Melissa March 11, 2011 at 6:43 PM  

I am coveting all that lovely shelving!!! Beautiful space. :)

Ronda Palazzari March 12, 2011 at 1:42 PM  

ohh my gosh i want that typecase drawer. it looks so pretty with all the doo-dads! Rainbow order...my kind of gal!

Anonymous,  March 12, 2011 at 3:06 PM  

that studio is so neat & tidy, i just know it cant be like that ALL the time, hehe, love it

Sheri Twing March 23, 2011 at 5:33 PM  

I'm a Lisa fan!!! Love her scrap space and her layout! That rainbow drawer of goodies makes me drool!

Post a Comment