Word Personality

>> Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy Monday!

I hope you had a lovely National Scrapbook Day weekend and was able to create among your scrapbooking friends, near and far. I didn't really get the chance to do much creating, but I did brainstorm and sketch ideas I want to try. One of those ideas is to play with words using negative space throughout the background.



I used my daughters name to spell out her personalities. This is always a fun way to use up lots of space on a page and a fun way to create your title. When I've done this before, it was always with stickers. This time around, the trend is using a die-cut machine.


For this layout, I used my Cameo Silhouette to cut out the words. I used my daughters favorite colors, pink & green, to highlight each word and used a more subtle complimentary shade of color to highlight her full name separately. This required a variety of pattern papers used from five fabulous collections, which is always fun to mix old with new.


I also used a small punch to create a small accent area and embellished around it and backed it with more pattern paper and pearls.


While the words were cutting, I made time to select the papers & embellishments I wanted to use to complete the project. This allowed me to complete my layout faster and I'm very pleased with the end results. I also plan on using the leftover letters for either my project life or future scrapbook project. Can't let all those letters go to waste.

Have a great week & happy creating!



Lily Bee Supplies:
Pattern Paper:
Happily Lost-Hammock, Picket Fence-Cottage Garden, Handmade-Thimble, Handmade-Pink Lemonade, Victoria Park-Grand Theatre, Victoria Park-Wortley Village, Buttercup-Queen Bee & Statinery-Pear
Stickers:
Buttercup Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Bag of Bits:
Victoria Park & Handmade
Chipboard Stickers:
Christmas Town

7 comments:

Kathleen | ScatteredConfetti May 7, 2012 at 5:14 AM  

I love the idea and your layout is very pretty! The only thing that dazzles me a bit is the "Nuturer".. I'm not sure what is should mean..

Julie Tucker-Wolek May 7, 2012 at 6:33 AM  

I loveeeeeeeeeee this lo!!! What a great idea for your title! I LOVE IT!!! And that photo is ADORABLE!!!

Gia82 May 7, 2012 at 10:28 AM  

Great idea for using negative space which is so very trendy this week.

Ursula Schneider May 7, 2012 at 7:45 PM  

love how you put this together Cindy! Great stuff!

kate blue May 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM  

cute! AND def a future scraplift idea!

Post a Comment