Day 17: Favorite Ornaments

>> Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hi everyone-  It's Jenni here welcoming you to Day 17!  It's hard to believe how fast December is flying by!!!

One of my very favorite Holiday traditions is pulling out the box of ornaments from our storage room.   Our Christmas tree is very eclectic-- many mix matched ornaments that represent an event, milestone, travel destination, or memory.   It's almost as if each ornament has a story of it's own and I love nothing more than pulling out each and every ornament and "revisiting" those stories.  In the end our tree hangs with ornaments that tell many stories and memories-- and it truly makes my heart happy.


I thought today I would share with you a simple layout I made that helps me tell the "story" of our ornaments.  It will be great to look back at this throughout the year!!   The front shows 11 ornament photos that are punched with 2" square punch and placed in a grid.   I used the Jingle ABC stickers  to number the ornaments.  Instead of adhering the photos directly to the kraft cardstock, I actually trimmed a regular office supply file folder down to an 8.5" x 6.5" file and placed the photos on the front of the file folder.


I then covered the interior portion of the file folder with papers from the Memorandum line.   This gave me plenty of room to journal the background and stories of each ornament.  I LOVE that I have this written down and it can be passed down for a long time.

I actually photographed the ornaments last Christmas, and I am SO glad I did, because one of my favorite ones broke as I took down the tree last year.  I was heartbroken, but so thankful I at least have a photo memory of the ornament and now the story behind it written down.

I know you are super-busy right now, but this is just a friendly reminder to take photos of your ornaments on the tree!  This is a project you can complete well after Christmas and enjoy throughout the whole year.

Lily Bee Supplies Used:
Jingle: ABC Stickers, Mixed Cardstock Stickers, Mistletoe
Memorandum: Grapefruit, Payday, ABC Stickers,
Christmas Town: Night Divine, Chipboard Stickers.

7 comments:

MichelleB December 17, 2011 at 3:29 AM  

Beautiful page! Love the hidden journaling.

Julie Tucker-Wolek December 17, 2011 at 7:39 AM  

What an AMAZING idea!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!! Our tree is the same way.. very eclectic... ornaments from all different times and memories!!! I sooooooo need to lift this idea!! LOVE IT!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

PS.. sorry about the one that broke :(

Melissa December 17, 2011 at 2:33 PM  

What a great idea! I like the folder element to this layout too. Puts the focus on the photos and subject matter and leaves you plenty of room to record what you want to.

rush December 17, 2011 at 4:48 PM  

this is such a wonderful idea, and the way you recorded your memories is priceless. you can only add more memories!

Lindy December 19, 2011 at 8:35 AM  

What a wonderful idea!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown December 20, 2011 at 10:19 AM  

Love this idea so much. Going to implement it this year.

Cynthia Baldwin December 21, 2011 at 7:48 AM  

This is a wonderful idea! I love how you've done the hidden journaling like a book, and the design in a grid.
I'm so sorry that you lost some of your favorites - I would be heartbroken too!
All the more reason to do a page like this. I did one years ago with a few favorites, but this is a great reminder to go around the tree and document more - especially those precious ones that my kids have made. Thanks so much for sharing!

Post a Comment