Day 18: A Quick Layout

>> Sunday, December 18, 2011


As the days fly by and the countdown to Christmas gets closer, I find there just isn't a lot of time for scrapping.  I'm too busy wrapping gifts, shopping for those last-minute deals, and most importantly, spending time with family. But that doesn't mean I forgo creative time altogether - I just have to be more efficient at it!

For this page about Christmas joy, I selected six photos from the many that I've taken over the past few weeks. I didn't make this a big process - I just picked six horizontal shots that gave a good overview of some recent festivities.  I printed them 2.75" x 1.75".
Lily Bee Supplies:
Jingle Patterned Paper - Tinsel, Cranberry
Jingle 6 x 6 Tiny Table
Jingle ABC Stickers
Jingle Index Journaling Cards

Then I copied journaling from a recent blog post and edited it to fit on my page. This is a huge time saver!  If you don't have a blog post that works, you could always use something equally easy - lyrics from a Christmas carol, a child's letter to Santa, or a holiday recipe you love making.  The idea is just to use something that's already complete, so you're not starting from scratch!

So carve out 30 minutes to make a page today - I guarantee it will help you find the holiday joy!

9 comments:

MichelleB December 18, 2011 at 5:44 AM  

Beautiful! Love the little photos.

Julie Tucker-Wolek December 18, 2011 at 7:26 AM  

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I love love love this!! I loveeeeeeee the photo placement, the holly...and loving the title work! :):):):):):):):):):):)

rush December 18, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

nice idea! time to make those blog entries count! thank you for sharing.

Cynthia Baldwin December 18, 2011 at 3:15 PM  

Great page! I love the big title. I agree - so hard to find the time to craft these days. I love the idea of your layout - just some reasons that make this season FUN.

Unknown December 20, 2011 at 10:18 AM  

Love how simple and gorgeous this is. And it gets it done: the documenting of the holidays.

Post a Comment