Challenge: Scrap a School Memory!

>> Wednesday, June 8, 2011

For many of us, the school year for our kids has just wound down and we're moving into summertime fun activities.

Before we totally transition into vacation mode, though, I wanted to challenge you to scrap a school memory while they're still fresh on your mind!
My daughter wrote this sweet Mother's Day poem in school, and I love the barely legible little kindergarten handwriting. I definitely wanted to preserve that, along with this photo of me and her from a school event.
Since I wanted the poem to be center stage, I accented it with just a few pops of color and an obvious visual triangle with my three circles, to draw your eye around it.
Just to keep things interesting, I painted on a little bit of mist around the edges of the white paper.
Lily Bee Items Used:

This and That- Milk Bottle Patterned Paper, Mixed Cardstock Stickers, ABC Stickers
Stationery- Butter Patterned Paper, Slushie Patterned Paper
Picket Fence- Al Fresco

Petaloo generously donated our design team some flowers, and I used their Jeweled Florettes in white.


I hope you join in on this challenge with me!


So, here are the specific details for this challenge:

1) focus your layout on a school memory, whether it's yours from your childhood, or another family member's memory!
2) use at least one Lily Bee product (any kind)

To be entered into the contest please post you layout on our Facebook page (please include the title Lily Bee Challenge: School Memories) -OR- include a link to your project in the comments of this post.

I will draw one winner on Wednesday June 15, 9:00 p.m. EST. The winner will receive a box of Lily Bee goodies.

5 comments:

Deanna June 8, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

What a fun page and a special memory too! LOVE the color scheme and how you painted on the mist! Awesome page!

nancy June 8, 2011 at 1:20 PM  

What a perfect page! Love the composition!

Aphra Bolyer June 9, 2011 at 8:39 AM  

Oh me, that is sweet, Virginia! I have lots of my kiddos papers that would be great to scrap. I'm up for this challenge. :)

Anonymous,  June 13, 2011 at 5:43 PM  

this is truly adorable Virginia, LOVE LOVE!!

Post a Comment