This is the moment...

>> Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This week, as we approach Mother's Day, moms are in all of our hearts and thoughts. We're thinking about our own moms, we're thinking about the women that have been like mothers to us, we're thinking about being mothers ourselves.

Mothers are especially on my heart this week as we are recovering from widespread massive destruction in Alabama from tornadoes that ripped through our state last week. There are hundreds and hundreds of families with no homes; mothers trying to comfort and deal with the situations they and their children are in. And there are some who sadly lost their mothers this week.

I'm exceedingly humbled by this situation. Blessed to be able to snuggle with my kids this week, safe in our home.

I pulled out this picture of my daughter Sabriel from the fall, my then two and a half year
old, and poured out my heart about that moment.... the moment all mothers can relate to. When your little one has finally fallen asleep, and quiet reigns in the house for a while; it seems as if in that moment, all the things that motherhood does to your heart kind of collides.
Lily Bee Products used:
Lily Bee Patterned Paper-



6 comments:

Monique May 3, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

Beautiful LO! Love the journaling so touching & so true!!

Unknown May 3, 2011 at 4:04 PM  

Thanks sweetie! The layout is gorgeous. Thank you sharing it and your beautifully written thoughts. Hugs!

Pam AKA: picnic May 3, 2011 at 5:23 PM  

Wow what a beautiful Lo, and so touching, I love my DGB's, but I also love to see them sleep, even at 3 years old, just precious...
TFS

Jenni May 3, 2011 at 8:15 PM  

this is so sweet- and straight from the heart.

Katja Schneider May 4, 2011 at 1:03 AM  

Just beautiful! The Journaling is so true and I think most mums can relate.

Anonymous,  May 4, 2011 at 7:26 AM  

this is super cute Virginia :)

Post a Comment