A Challenge for You! Make a Mother's Day Card

>> Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Every holiday and birthday my Sister-in-Law makes the most amazing handmade cards. Everyone OOH's and AHH's over the cards, and I think to myself, "why don't I make my own cards?" In a word, TIME. I am time-impaired. As such, I normally remember said card 15 minutes before the party. So I created three SUPER-FAST cards you can complete in plenty of time for the big day.

The first uses papers from the Picket Fence line. I used Cottage Garden, Porch Swing, and Al Fresco.

Photobucket


A close-up

Photobucket

The second card is another fast card, with the sentiment coming right off the This and That Cardstock Sticker Sheet. The only thing that took any time at all was punching the border. But again, I think you can get this card done in 15-20 minutes. I used the This and That Tiny Tablet for the papers.

Photobucket

Here is a closeup:

Photobucket


The last card I used the Happily Lost Collection. I used the Tiny Tablet, as well as the ABC and Cardstock Stickers. This one took me the most time at about 25 minutes.

Photobucket

A close-up:

Photobucket



So here's my challenge to you: Create a Mother's Day Card! To participate in the challenge, please use at least one Lily Bee product (from any collection). Post your layout on Lily Bee's Facebook fan page & make sure to title your post Lily Bee Challenge: Mother's Day Card or you can include a link where your card appears (gallery/blog) in the comment section of this post.

We will choose one lucky winner by random next Wednesday, May 11th, by 9pm EST. The winner will receive a box of goodies from Lily Bee! So go get busy and make some cards!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Unknown May 4, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

Great cards, Kay. I'm like you! I don't remember that I need a card until right before I need that card. LOL!

georgia keays May 4, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

fabulous cards Kay, and thanks for reminding me!!

Melissa May 4, 2011 at 10:45 PM  

Super cute cards. This is my specialty! Such a great challenge.

Unknown May 5, 2011 at 5:46 AM  

Beautiful cards Kay!!!!

Cynthia Baldwin May 5, 2011 at 1:04 PM  

Thanks for the challenge! After reading your post, I realized that I hadn't made my grandmother a card yet, and I had to get it in the mail today for it to reach her in time...so did this one last night:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47273565@N06/5689942729/
Gosh, I love Lily bee paper. So fun to work with!

Melissa May 6, 2011 at 11:38 AM  

gorgeous cards Miss Kay! thanks for the inspirations and here are my cards-
http://isay-creativegenius.blogspot.com/2011/05/lily-bee-mothers-day-cards.html

AmyBug May 6, 2011 at 2:41 PM  

Thanks for the fun challenge. I used Catching Fall to make my Mother's Day Card. I love how this versatile fall line can be used for a spring time theme.

http://msg.twospotteddogs.com/viewtopic.php?t=6545

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More May 9, 2011 at 7:28 PM  

I made one using a paper from the Domestic Bliss Collection!

http://somescrapsugar.blogspot.com/2011/05/belated-happy-mothers-day.html

Barb May 10, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

I love the cards you've shown here. Lily Bee papers are perfect for card making! :)
Here's my take on this challenge:
http://scrappinbarb.typepad.com/funny_things/2011/05/dreaming-of-a-day-off.html

Post a Comment