Out of the Album

>> Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We all love photos and scrapbooking but sometimes I just want to get my photos out of the album where I can see them every day. Creating paper crafted frames just seems like a natural extension of scrapbooking and I love making them for friends and family. This particular frame is for my daughter who is heading of to university this fall. The beautiful Lily Bee papers work perfectly with the colours she's chosen for her new room. I also love how beautiful but subtle the papers are. They are designed to enhance your photos and not take away from them.


Today I'll walk you through this quick project and remind you how quick and fun covered wood and chipboard with patterned paper is.



First of all I started with a wood frame I picked up at a local craft store. This one is 8x8" square. I've adhered the patterned paper to the frame with a strong liquid ahesive and then trimmed away the excess. Sandpaper or a sanding file rubber over each edge makes for a nice smooth finish.


Patterned paper is a great way to make your own chipboard embellishments as well. You just need the paper, a die and a piece of chipboard. To get perfect edges and save time, die cut in one step by adhering the patterned paper to the chipboard first before cutting.


Here's the flourishes die cut. They look so much prettier than plain chipboard ones.


To add a little extra personalization to my chipboard bird, I've used the Picket Fence stamp set to stamp on some floral accents and words.


And here's the finished detail.

Lily Bee Supplies:

Happy creating!

5 comments:

Jenni July 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM  

this is just so gorgeous!

Unknown July 27, 2011 at 6:19 PM  

GORGEOUS! And I love the tip about adhering the chipboard to paper first. Makes such good sense, but nothing I would have thought of myself. LOL! Thanks!

Reiki July 31, 2011 at 6:07 PM  

Nice Album this one..good design of this one..nice to see this here..well thinking of this one..thanks for sharing here with us..

Post a Comment