Using up your stash: from start to finish.

>> Thursday, July 28, 2011

Today I want to share with you a layout created with Lily Bee's new collection, Head Over Heels.

One of my favorite papers from this collection is the blue doily/chevron paper, "Dreamy". I used a portion of this paper for a CHA booth layout (hence why you see doilies cut out of the paper below), however, I was determined to use every inch of this paper because it's just gorgeous!

I know many of us are wanting to use up our stash of paper (or scraps!) to make room for all the new lines that will be available soon. So today, I wanted to show you how I used a "pre-used" piece of pattern paper to make a layout.

First, I layered the "Dreamy" pattern paper on top of "Flirt"- a gorgeous pink damask pattern paper in the Head Over Heels Collection. It created a wonderful contrast and really brought out the doily pattern.

Next, I added a kraft envelope, and layered the text chipboard stickers in the Lovely collection over the doily cut outs. I was really excited to see that the shapes fit perfectly together!

I added a few cardstock stickers from the Head over Heels collection down the side of my layout. I used the ABC stickers to change the "Be Mine" sticker to say "She's Mine" in order to fit my topic.

Finally, I finished the layout with my title and handcut flowers from the pattern paper Swoon (which is appropriately named if you ask me!).

I hope this layout inspires you to be creative with some of the pieces in your stash that have been pre-used!

Lily Bee Supplies used:

Head Over Heels- Dreamy, Swoon, Flirt, Smitten, and Mixed Cardstock Stickers.
Lovely- Chipboard Stickers
Happily Lost- ABC Stickers

5 comments:

Anonymous,  July 28, 2011 at 6:40 AM  

love this idea for scrap jenni! the pink looks amazing peeking out from under the blue doilies!

Unknown July 28, 2011 at 10:45 AM  

Using that piece of cut up paper is genius. And Jordan's expression in those photos? Totally adorable and hilarious! Classic!

Brandi July 28, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

How clever! A great idea indeed! Plus the layout is just beautiful…and whimsical too, which I love.

Jean Franks Beck July 28, 2011 at 5:28 PM  

I *love* this idea! I am always saving scraps, and this is such a creative use of them.

Unknown July 29, 2011 at 6:50 AM  

Absolutely stunning! i just love what you're doing with this line!

Post a Comment