Challenge- Create Your Own Paper Accents!

>> Wednesday, April 6, 2011

You guys have been rocking the challenges (I loved seeing your take on the sketch challenge!), so I'm giving you a teensy bit harder one today.

Before electronic die cutting machines were available for the masses, people made their own die cuts & paper embellishments by paper piecing. Some would freehand the designs, and others would use coloring books and clip art as templates.

As much as I adore my Silhouette machine, I also love the personalization that comes with making my very own accents on a page.

My challenge to you: create your own paper accents for a layout or project!

Here are the specifics:
1. Create at least one major accent to a page from paper.
2. Use at least one Lily Bee product on your project.

Lily Bee Products Used:
Stationery Patterned Paper- Tomato, Butter, Tangerine, Pear, Slushie, Cotton Candy, Grape

*Chipboard Accents generously donated from Maya Road

Above is a picture of my rainbow accent & clouds I freehand cut.... I love their happy whimsy!

Below is another example of how to use the cute new alphabets- as an embellishment! They added a nice "school" touch to the layout.
So you wanna join in?! In order to be entered into the contest, post your layout onto the Lily Bee Facebook Page OR include a link in the comment section of this post to your blog and/or other gallery where your layout appears (please don't post it both places because it makes it really confusing!). :) Please be sure to include "Lily Bee Paper Accent Challenge" with the title of your layout!!

We will choose one lucky winner by random on Wednesday, April 13 at 9:00pm EST. The winner will receive the ENTIRE Stationery Collection!! Good Luck!

15 comments:

Linh C. April 6, 2011 at 7:41 AM  

Another awesome layout, Virgina! I especially like the use of the alphabets as embellishments. I have a ton of unused alpha stickers that I can use for this. Thanks!

Unknown April 6, 2011 at 7:44 AM  

Oh Virginia, this is so cute! Love the challenge, your use of the alphas, Emerson's name!

Kathy April 6, 2011 at 7:48 AM  

Since I am on a "no-buy budget" I have been making all my own embellishments. I love to do this anyways. Thanks for sharing. Very, very cute!

Anonymous,  April 6, 2011 at 8:17 AM  

love this & such a cool idea w/ the alpha stickers!!

Unknown April 6, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

So crazy cute!!! love this and fabulous challenge!

~amy~ April 6, 2011 at 1:33 PM  

absolutely a-dorable!!!

Katja April 7, 2011 at 12:23 AM  

Very cute! Will have to give this a try!

Jodi April 7, 2011 at 5:45 AM  

fun challenge!!! super cute layout!!!

Barb April 7, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

I love the little rainbow and totally noticed that you put the colours in the correct spectral order. Am I a geek or what?! lol
(I'll be tackling this challenge next. Hopefully this weekend. Any suggestions as to what I should paper-piece, Linda? ;))

Rhonda Van Ginkel April 8, 2011 at 9:16 AM  

Here's my entry:

http://snapwhiz.blogspot.com/2011/04/just-for-fun.html

Thanks - that was fun!

Gretchen April 8, 2011 at 8:13 PM  

oh i love this Virg! and i am dying for some of that Stationary...hmmmmmm

Cynthia Baldwin April 9, 2011 at 8:39 AM  

Here's my little project with a paper-pieced tree: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47273565@N06/5602704771/

I used French Couture and my brand-new This and That sticker sheet! (Yummy...going to have to get a couple more sheets because these are going fast!)
Hope I wasn't supposed to make a layout? Anyway, I know who this card is going to, and she'll appreciate it. Thanks for the challenge!

Barb April 10, 2011 at 6:45 AM  

Thanks for the fun challenge! :)
I posted over at 2peas: the bunny was here!

Emily @SweetlyScrapped July 1, 2011 at 7:49 AM  

Very beautiful! I love the colors and everything!

Post a Comment