Love! All Week Long.

>> Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day! Here on the Lily Bee blog, we'll be celebrating Valentine's Day all weeklong with lots of fun projects!

Today, we are focusing on our new line This & That with the help of three of our design team members.

Virginia Tillery created this most adorable tussie mussie holder. But I'm going to call it The Cone of Goodness. (Hope that's ok, Virginia!) Can you imagine waking up one morning to find that hanging on your doorknob? Such a perfect Valentine's surprise. It would totally make my day!


This & That patterned paper - Pretty Fabric, Brooch, Milk Bottle, Linens

I like Brenda Hurd's layout so much! Simple, yet filled with adorable details, like the stitched-on hearts, the notebook border paper, and the handwritten sentiments. But what I love the most are the photos and her journaling. Priceless and perfect for today.
This & That patterned paper - Pretty Fabric, Brooch, Milk Bottle
Stationery patterned paper - Butter, Oatmeal
Catching Fall Chipboard Stickers
Hello Sunshine Rub-Ons

And check this amazing box of "chocolates" made by Stacy Cohen. Yes, she made those. No, they are not chocolate. They are fimo clay. I don't even like chocolate (don't judge!), and I wanted to take a bite out of these, because they look so pretty and delicious!

This & That patterned paper - Pretty Fabric, Postcards
Lovely Chipboard Stickers

But wait! Someone did take a bite out of one!
It was Stacy's hubby!

But don't worry! He didn't actually take a bite out of the fimo. Here's the scoop from Stacy: "My husband saw my finished project and decided to play a little joke. When I was in the other room, he snuck into my scrap room and found my Fimo clay. He replaced one of the chocolates in my candy box with one he made himself - complete with a bite taken out of it (he used a utensil handle to make the teeth marks). So when I opened up the candy box to photograph it, imagine my surprise when I saw a half-eaten piece of chocolate!"


That's so funny and cute! And her hubby knows how to work the fimo!


And that wraps up our Focus On this Monday. Hope you are inspired to make a few love-related projects this week. Join us tomorrow for more Valentine's Day loveliness!

4 comments:

Virginia February 14, 2011 at 6:50 AM  

THose "chocolates" are amazing! And the story is hilarious!

Love all of the "love"ly projects today!

Virginia February 14, 2011 at 6:51 AM  

P.S. I think Cone of Goodness is perfect! heheheh

jan metcalf February 14, 2011 at 3:57 PM  

Such a funny story!! Love is in the air!

Jill February 14, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

Great projects -- and TOO FUNNY, Stacy!

Post a Comment