Fun with polka dots and circles!

>> Tuesday, March 13, 2012

There is no doubt that Lily Bee has the best range of polka dot papers.  Not only are the polka dot designs in the ranges, but then there is a great range colors available in coordinating papers for each range with ledger on one side and great monochromatic polka dot designs on the other.

Polka dots are one of my favourite pattern designs - so I decided to make a layout using primarily polka dot papers (I did sneak a tiny bit of stripe in there!) and also incorporating more circles into my design.  This is what I came up with ...

You can see that I have used a divine orange polka dot from the Head Over Heals range as the base, adding some swipes of gesso to create a mat area for my photo and journaling.  I have then added the green polka dot in various sized circles in a splash across the page.  Three grey rings completes my collection of circles.  I do love a circle (or two or ten!).



I really like the Polaroid theme for photos that is around at the moment, so I converted my 4x6 inch photo into a Polaroid by trimming it square and mounting it onto a Polaroid shaped piece of cardstock - simple and effective.  I have created a banner using the banner stickers from the mixed cardstock sticker sheet from the Harvest Market range - finishing it with brads and twine bows.

One of my favourite techniques with the ABC Stickers is to create a long title - often curved around circle shapes.  For this layout I have an extra long title that curves around three of the larger circle shapes.




This is a busy layout, but I love how it turned out and it is very reflective of my busy 6 year old son!

Lily Bee products:
Harvest Market ABC Stickers
Harvest Market Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Jingle Spruce Patterned paper
Head Over Heals Crush Patterned paper


Do you love polka dots and circles?  Let me know!

Cheers

6 comments:

beckyjune March 13, 2012 at 6:18 AM  

So cool! I really like the text around the circles, too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek March 13, 2012 at 6:36 AM  

Soooooooooo fun!! I loveeeeeeee all the polka dots and circles!! Perfect for that photo!! Love this!

The Savvy Scrapbooker March 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM  

Hi there,
Great layout.
I posted a mini album that I made using Lilybee designs paper. Check it out if you're interested. I love the new lines!
http://scrapbooksavvy.blogspot.com/2012/03/another-mini-album.html

KellyG March 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM  

very cool! Love how you did the title! Love polk a dots and circles!

Unknown March 13, 2012 at 2:17 PM  

Such a fab layout, Kim! So perfect for that photo!

Melissa March 13, 2012 at 8:31 PM  

Love me some polka dots! Love how well this was created. So many circles but not overwhelming at all.

Post a Comment