Happy Valentine's? What?

>> Thursday, January 5, 2012

I walked into Joann's a couple of weeks before Christmas, and they already had an entire aisle of Valentine's Day stuff out. What the heck? Yeah. I even had a chat with one of the people who worked there, who reminded me that their Christmas stuff is usually out by July. Oy.

I was a little peeved back then because I really wanted some decorations for my house, and couldn't find any. But now that holidays are behind us, I think we can kind of sort of start thinking Valentine's, no? Just a little? Because I tend to be caught off guard by that holiday. It's usually the day of, when I go, " Really? Ayi!" So if I start by making a few cards per week right now...

Enter Cindy Liebel's super duper popular Christmas Ornaments post. Uhm, how popular is that post, you say? It's THE MOST popular post we have on this blog. And I can totally see why. The ornaments are so pretty AND easy to make. Lisa Day used this same technique and created a layout by punching out Christmas trees. Love the look!

Here is my card:


Cute, right? (Please say "yes!") And super simple. To create the circular ones, I punched with a scalloped circle, and used the Head Over Heels stickers on one of the circles (for full step-by-step instructions, click here.) Actually, all the papers I used were from the Head Over Heels 6"x6" Tiny Tablet. Head Over Heels = perfect for Valentine's.


I only used 5 punched out shapes to make a slightly less bulky pop-up shape. Stick them on a premade card with some twine behind, and presto, card is done!


So simple and fun, even I can make a whole set before Valentine's is here.

11 comments:

Scattychick January 5, 2012 at 3:12 AM  

It is super sweet what a fab idea :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek January 5, 2012 at 4:35 AM  

Loveeeeeeeee this!! LOVING how you added the twine for them to 'hang'!! Very very very very cute card!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Michelle L. January 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM  

love it! Such a clean, fresh design.

Unknown January 5, 2012 at 2:17 PM  

haha, very cute :) love the card, adorable! i need to play more w/ that affect, i love it so much!

Olivia January 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM  

This is so pretty! Love the soft, subtle colors :)

Linda McClain January 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM  

Definitely! Very, very cute. She makes it look so easy.

LisaDay January 11, 2012 at 7:30 AM  

Oh my gosh these cards are so pretty!! Love that last picture too!!

LauraLee January 24, 2012 at 7:13 AM  

Love this! I did Christmas trees and ornaments this way and had a lot of fun with it! Love how much it adds to projects!

Kabob Recipes June 7, 2023 at 6:05 PM  

Nice post thankks for sharing

Post a Comment