Day 3 - Counting Down to Christmas

>> Saturday, December 3, 2011


Hi Everyone, Piradee here today to share my december calendar that I created using the Jingle Collection. Instead of the 12x12 layout that I used to do, I wanted to do something a little different this time and went with a calendar card approach.


Each day has its own card that I've created using a mix of pattern papers, index cards and stickers from the Jingle collection and also some maya road chipboard goodies here and there. The idea is to display them in this mini library drawer as each of the day approaches...


And here's an overview of all the cards that I created... for some of them, I went with a large number chipboard for the date while on others, I used the number stickers from the ABC sticker sheet. Also on some of the cards, I left some areas blank so that I could add journaling details of that day...


And here are some close up details on some of the cards. For the chipboard numbers, I had colored them using an ink pad, lightly covering the chipboard and leaving some of the areas uncovered/inked.

Also using some of the clear stamps from the jingle collection... like the super cute santa and his reindeer image below...

And some pictures of the remaining cards and their details....

Lily bee Supplies Used:
Pattern Papers: Jingle - Mistletoe, Merry & Bright, Peppermint, Tinsel, Garland, Egg Nog, Cranberry, Frost and Spruce
ABC Stickers: Jingle
Cardstock Stickers: Jingle
Index Cards: Jingle
Clear Stamps: Jingle

Thanks everyone for stopping by and would love to hear what projects you guys are creating this Christmas.

Photobucket

19 comments:

MichelleB December 3, 2011 at 6:23 AM  

What a gorgeous project! Today I'm hoping to glitter a bunch of snowflake die cuts to make a garland for the house.

Unknown December 3, 2011 at 8:28 AM  

I am working on Christmas cards.
I will be off from work between Christmas and the New Year and hope to catch up on some scrapbooking.

Melinda December 3, 2011 at 9:46 AM  

Love your calendar, such pretty cards! My daughter and I plan to make some (more!) decorations for our house, we'll probably make another garland, use up my glitter stash(her doing, she loves glitter) and maybe bake some cookies and listen to some Christmas music! Oh, and work on my December Daily.

Unknown December 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM  

Goodness, this is gorgeous, Piradee! Love the box, the colors. Just perfect!

Kristin December 3, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

WOW! I love this idea! Simply amazing project.

Ryann December 3, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

This is awesome. Love all the creativity in this!

Cynthia Baldwin December 3, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

Super-cute project! I still need to start our Xmas cards.
Thanks for sharing this great idea!

April December 3, 2011 at 1:51 PM  

These are fabulous!!
- April W

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More December 3, 2011 at 4:03 PM  

I just finished the decorating the living room! Covered in glitter, everything sparkles - even me! :) Now I must clean up my mess!

rush December 3, 2011 at 6:50 PM  

i'm making some winter cards right now. this project is quite amazing. thank you for sharing.

Ann December 4, 2011 at 2:00 AM  

Love this DP, and this is a great project. I worked on alot of Christmas cards this year. Hoping to pick up scrapbooking projects again, soon.

Melissa December 4, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

I am really liking this daily card idea. Now that craft fairs are over I'm going to work on some more cards for friends and some little gift ideas. I'm getting lots of inspiration from the work here but am thinking of making some birthday record keeping books. We'll see how ambitious I get. :)

Olivia December 4, 2011 at 4:30 PM  

This is beautiful! Love all the tiny details :)

Lynn December 4, 2011 at 5:27 PM  

What a clever use of the little drawer. I have one of those just waiting to be used, lol. I really like this idea. I've been making gift card holders and treat holders for friends and craft show.

Lindy December 5, 2011 at 9:23 AM  

What a gorgeous display!!!! What a very creative way to use the little drawer!

Julie Tucker-Wolek December 5, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

This is AMAZING!! WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeee it! :):):):):):)

Jean Franks Beck December 7, 2011 at 4:49 AM  

A wonderful project and a great idea!

Brenda Lapp December 7, 2011 at 12:41 PM  

I have an old Rolodex that would probably work for this (just might have to use less dimensional embellishments). Thanks for the idea!

Post a Comment