Day 2 - Scrapping your Christmas Card

>> Friday, December 2, 2011


Each year I put a real effort into getting a good photo of my son to make into the Christmas Card that we send to friends and family.  So I like to make sure that I create a page using that photo - I am sure that this is something that most of us scrapbookers do!

When I decided to scrap the 2010 Christmas Card photo - I took a slightly different slant on it and actually used a photo that I had taken of the actual card made up with some Christmas decorations in the background.


I really like how this worked out and will probably make sure that I take a similar photo of this year's card (if I get around to making one - where is the time going???).

I love Lily Bee's Jingle range.  It ended up being perfect to scrap this photo with even though the colours in the photo were quite bright.

Now for a couple of detail shots ...



Lily Bee supplies:
Patterned Papers: Jingle - Cranberry, Merry & Bright, Egg Nog, Garland, Tinsel
Index Journaling Cards: Jingle
Cardstock Stickers: Jingle
ABC Stickers: Jingle

I can't wait to see the inspiration that the rest of the team has to share with everyone during the lead up to Christmas.  I will be sharing another Christmas themed layout with you again soon!

Merry Christmas


19 comments:

Tracy December 2, 2011 at 5:29 AM  

Beautiful and i love the soft tones.
xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek December 2, 2011 at 6:18 AM  

What a GREAT IDEA!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!! I love love love the photo and loving all the stars!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lindy December 2, 2011 at 8:18 AM  

Wonderful idea!!!!! Love the photo and what a great layout! T4S

beckyjune December 2, 2011 at 9:02 AM  

So cute, Kim! I really like how you used the twine, too.

Melinda December 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM  

I love the layering on the layout!

April December 2, 2011 at 11:45 AM  

SO pretty!! Thanks for the inspiration. :)
- April W

Ann Cicilie December 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

Love that little twist on how to scrapbook your christmas card photos :)

MichelleGB December 2, 2011 at 11:58 AM  

This is lovely! I really like the twine!

Unknown December 2, 2011 at 12:48 PM  

So pretty! Love that idea, instead of using an actual card. Which reminds me, I should work on my cards...

Ryann December 2, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

Super cute layout and I love this idea!

rush December 2, 2011 at 2:20 PM  

what a fun layout. great idea. thank you for sharing.

Unknown December 2, 2011 at 2:59 PM  

super cute layout Kim!!!

Tracey December 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM  

I always scrap our photo card as well! I scrap everything else so of course it makes sense to include this in our albums.

I love your layout! Gorgeous!!

Cynthia Baldwin December 2, 2011 at 7:00 PM  

Not only a great card, but a great layout showcasing it. :) Love the trail of circles/stars across the page and the twine in the middle. TFS!

Melissa December 2, 2011 at 10:34 PM  

The concept of scrapping your Christmas Card is such a neat idea. Love that you used a photo of the card. Love this layout and how you used the papers!

Unknown December 3, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

Nice layout. I also scrapbook the photo that I use for Christmas cards every year.

Post a Comment