Thanksgiving Placeholders

>> Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's time to get a little crafty with Thanksgiving approaching. Since we won't be traveling for the holiday this year, I am looking forward to spending lots of time in the kitchen cookin' up a meal for the family. I usually don't decorate the table with any major Thanksgiving decor, but this year I plan on spicing it up, just a little.


I made these super simple paper acorn place holders and decorated each of them with fall die-cut embellishments & chipboard accents. I used my trusty Silhouette die-cut machine to cut out the large acorn and backed the tops of the acorns with extra cardstock for sturdiness. The small leaves on each acorn was cut out using the Slice die-cut machine.


I love pennants, so these little acorns couldn't be without a few pennant banners addressed with each persons name - I love how the tiny ABC Stickers come into play with this project.



My daughter had the pleasure of picking out the colors and patterns for her
acorn. As you can see, she is quite proud of hers. What I loved most about this project was that it took me only an hour to complete, with the assistance of my little one, of course.

Cheers!

Lily Bee Supplies:
6x6 Tiny Tablet: Harvest Market

Pattern Paper
Harvest Market Squash
Harvest Market Hayride
Harvest Market Peach Crisp
Harvest Market Black Licorice
Harvest Market Pumpkin Seeds
Stationery Pear
Stationery Tangerine
Stationery Grape
Stationery Butter

ABC Stickers
Harvest Market

Chipboard Stickers
Domestic Bliss
Christmas Town

Other:
Silhouette die-cut machine, Slice die-cut machine, Kraft Cardstock, String & Pearls

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek November 10, 2011 at 5:38 AM  

What a great idea and sooooooooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL too!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee them! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa Dickinson November 10, 2011 at 7:17 AM  

these are just precious! lOVE!

Unknown November 10, 2011 at 12:19 PM  

So adorable. Dang. I so need a Silhouette!

Louise November 11, 2011 at 10:00 AM  

these are too cute. I'm not hosting this year but now I wish I was just so I could make these.

Post a Comment