Just an Ordinary Day

>> Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I don't know about you, but most of my days are simply, ordinary days. Sure there are birthdays, holidays and celebrations but for the most part, I enjoy a very ordinary life. And I like it that way. A lot.

So while I scrapbook all the special events and milestones, I really love scrapbooking the ordinary moments that make up my life. The simple days spent with my family, doing ordinary things.

Today's layout uses pictures I took of my son as we were playing outside a couple months ago. We didn't do anything particularly special besides enjoy that...

One Fine Day




This layout mostly uses the This & That line by Lily Bee Design but you'll find some others tucked in as well. I love how everything Lily Bee all works so well together.


I decided to explore using the banner stickers to create some fun graphic style flowers for this layout. They are so easy to create, whimsical and I love how they are masculine enough to use on a boy layout.

You'll also notice lots of stamping on this layout. Stamps are fabulous for adding quick accents on a page.


Lily Bee Supplies Used:
This & That patterned paper: Brooch, Pretty Fabric & Postcard
This & That stamp set
This & That Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Happily Lost Stamp Set
Lily Bee Stationery patterned paper: Butter



I also have a sunshiney card to share with you today. After creating a layout for the focus on yellow post, I couldn't resist creating a card from some of the scraps. It's a great way to use them up and have a little something on hand to give away.

Lily Bee Design supplies used:

Happily Lost patterned paper: Amazing Views & Sun Soaked
Happily Lost ABC stickers
Lily Bee Stationery patterned paper: Butter


Take time to enjoy those everyday, ordinary moments!


6 comments:

Anonymous,  August 9, 2011 at 8:19 AM  

i adore those little pinwheel flowers julia!

Unknown August 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM  

ITA with Lisa! Those pinwheel flowers are genius. And the layout and card are so gorgeous. Love looking at your work.

nancy August 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM  

What a totally original idea with the flowers made from the banner stickers! So inspiring!

Donna August 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM  

gorgeous layout and a beautiful card. That banner sticker idea..........COOL.

runzalot81 August 9, 2011 at 9:59 PM  

I really love the LO. The everyday moments are always my favorite subject.

Katja Schneider August 12, 2011 at 12:21 AM  

Love those 'Banner flowers' and the card is just beautiful!

Post a Comment