Working with Layers...

>> Wednesday, July 6, 2011


One of my favorite ways to 'dress' up a layout is to add dimension. For this layout I added a lot of dimension to the waves using layers of foam adhesive. The Picket Fence-Veranda paper reminded me of water and I wanted to play that up with some subtle waves. Here's a little step-by-step tutorial for creating this page.
Step 1: Cut out some alternating waves of different widths and then add foam adhesive to each layer and stack them on top of each other.
Step 2: Usually on my layouts I like to add some hand-stitching, but it's summer time and I find the sunshine calling to me more than my needle and thread. So a quick and fun way to add the same look is to doodle on some hand-stitching. I did that here with the waves.
Step 3: Cut out a large(ish) circle and them some random uneven strips of paper to make the sun. Arrange your rays of sun how you would like to do them on the paper and then trace around the sun so you can have a line to cut along on the rays to add the space between them. Then position them away from the sun a little and adhere them down.
Step 4: Doodle on some more hand-stitching. Cut up the "sweet sweet summer" tag and then sprinkle on some sequins and add the date. Place your picture over the first wave and under the second wave to play up the dimension!
Step 5: Add your title (don't you just love those tiny ABC letters!) and doodle on some more hand-stitching. Add some pebbles (made with an Ephiphany punch), bling and your journaling. Then ink the edges and you are done!

Lily Bee supplies used:

5 comments:

Unknown July 6, 2011 at 11:22 AM  

Ohmigosh, this is so darling! Love love love!

Jenni July 6, 2011 at 12:01 PM  

this is SO pretty-- i LOVE it!

Unknown July 6, 2011 at 5:59 PM  

Lisa GURL, this is just FABULOUS!!! such a clever idea...i am all over this! love it. TFS!

Brandi July 7, 2011 at 6:23 AM  

What a wonderful layout! Makes me want to go to the beach right now. Thanks for the step-by-step tutorial.

Post a Comment