Experimenting With Textures

>> Monday, July 18, 2011

Hi Everyone!!

Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend! I know I've been super busy trying to clear as much space in my scrapping area as possible to make room for all the new collections. Yikes - everything is just gorgeous! (do scroll down if you haven't had a chance to see all the new collections). I just adore the new papers, the color combinations in the collections, more ABC alphas (these are super addictive and perfect for all types of projects), those super fun journaling card/tabs -must have - and my most favorite, more STATIONERY colors. sigh. (please excuse me for a few minutes as I need to dry up my keyboard).

In my fatally attempts to clean up my scrapping area, I discovered that I still had a few pieces of chipboard accents left from the Domestic Bliss collection and love how these coordinated perfectly with the new Happily Lost collections and therefore, inspired me to create this layout about various textures (and also challenging myself to include as many as I could find/fit).


I first started with these glossy chipboard accents (domestic bliss) and contrasted them against the raw chipboard (alphas); with the aim for the colored ones to capture the attention and the raw ones to add a hint of surprise as they are layered on grey pattern paper (if that makes sense/tone on tone). Then to add further texture contrast, I added the fabric flowers to provide the soft and flowing feel against the hard and stiffness of chipboard elements; keeping the colors muted (grey) as to not draw too much attention to what the embellishment is but for it to provide textural element.

Then came the tissue tape which added design elements without taking away the original design and colors of the pattern paper. In which I then paired with a transparency as a background to provide another subtle design element.


Lily Bee Supplies used:

Hopefully all this makes some sense as i attempt to share my thought process (atleast it did when I was creating it, not so sure now..lol). Thanks again for stopping by everyone and don't forget to check back soon to see if you might be one of the lucky winners for the CHA-S 2011 reveal giveaways!!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Monika July 18, 2011 at 10:45 AM  

This is beautiful, and that photo is amazing

Renee V July 18, 2011 at 11:04 AM  

Beautiful! Loving all the grey!!!

Unknown July 18, 2011 at 12:11 PM  

Hey girl, fab page! So pretty!

nancy July 18, 2011 at 1:43 PM  

Piradee, I truly gasped aloud when I saw this layout. I always think your work is perfection, but this is just breathtaking. Love it!

Bec Young July 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM  

wow, such gorgeous colours on your layout.
Love it.

Post a Comment