Bowties are cool.

>> Friday, July 22, 2011



In light of all of the awesome new lines coming out from Lily Bee, I figured I needed to get to using up my stash to make room for new stuff!

I created this simply designed layout using that staple of the scrapbooker- the circle punch.

I am not, by nature, a very "graphic" styled designer, so to add a few touches of my own whimsy, I distressed the edges and made several small changes, like tilting the bottom large section.
To give the design a little more depth, I popped up some elements with foam adhesive.

I also hand cut my own "bowtie" to go along with the obvious theme of the layout! I try to keep my boy pages a little more graphic and simple, and I think I achieved that, while sticking true to my style. :)

Lily Bee Products Used:

Stationery- Butter & Tangerine Patterned Paper
Happily Lost- Good Book & Villa Patterned Paper
Picket Fence- Fresh Air Patterned
ABC Cardstock Stickers

11 comments:

LisaDay July 22, 2011 at 6:42 AM  

Beautiful layout Virginia!! Love that bow tie!!

Ohhh Snap July 22, 2011 at 7:06 AM  

Fabulous layout!! And before I read the journaling, I was wondering if you were a Whovian lol. And Bow Ties really are cool :D.

Lisa July 22, 2011 at 7:22 AM  

oh it's so cute - he's just precious - love all the big polka dots!!

Tracey July 22, 2011 at 7:23 AM  

This is absolutely fabulous Virginia!! I love it!!

Anonymous,  July 22, 2011 at 10:42 AM  

this is too cute! love all the circles!

JJ Sobey July 22, 2011 at 10:54 AM  

but where's the Fez? *giggle* LOVE this!!!

Linh C. July 22, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

Nice, Virginia! Atticus is so cute!

Virginia July 22, 2011 at 1:43 PM  

I love all my Whovian commenters! YES! Thanks you guys!

Unknown July 22, 2011 at 2:47 PM  

Cute cute cute! But can't add to the Dr Who bit. Having watched a single episode.

Deanna July 23, 2011 at 8:17 AM  

love this Virginia! What a cutie pie!

Post a Comment