Rediscovering the Joy.

>> Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Friday! Today I wanted to share a page with you using the fabulous Stationery line. I'm in love with the bold colors and simple tone-on-tone patterns. And they just happen to be perfect for a page that includes a lot of journaling like mine:

Lily Bee supplies:
Stationery - Oatmeal, Cotton Candy, Slushie
This & That - Brooch
Vintage Poppy Rub-Ons


I copied the journaling from one of my recent blog posts and formatted it into three columns to print directly on my layout. The neutral papers in the Stationery line - Oatmeal (which I used) and Mushroom - make great backgrounds while the brighter colors are ideal for creating a bold, colorful border. I used several sizes of circle punches to create this one.

I also added in some rub-ons, buttons, and butterfly punches to finish this quick page. And while the page topic is about my rediscovering the joy in running, creating this page helped me to rediscover the joy of a simple (and fast!) scrapbook page.

Have a wonderful (and joy-filled!) weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous,  May 20, 2011 at 6:20 AM  

Absolutely gorgeous!

Katja Schneider May 20, 2011 at 5:08 PM  

Great Layout and love the journaling!

Barb May 21, 2011 at 1:53 PM  

I love the border... and I love that you've rediscovered the joy :)

Deborah Long May 22, 2011 at 3:48 AM  

Beautiful - the neutrals really make the perfect background for the beautiful colors you used.

Katie May 23, 2011 at 1:01 PM  

Just had to comment, this layout really stands out! I love the neutral background with the bright colored circles. The circle border you created is wonderful! And I love the little bit of color in the photo. And the acrylic letters JOY! With the staples, how cool! Thank you for sharing!

Katie

KimA May 24, 2011 at 5:40 AM  

Love the layout and the journaling Lisa. I am a recent convert to running and whilst I am not fast, I to love finding the zone while hitting the pavement.

Post a Comment