Altered Embroidery Frame

>> Thursday, April 14, 2011

I have started a series of embroidery frames in various sizes on a wall in our master bedroom. Some have fabric & some scrapbook paper.


While on vacation in Myrtle Beach a month ago, we did a little flea market shopping & I picked up a 6pk of 8" embroidery frames for only $1...totally made my day :)


I love the idea of using pretty pattern paper in embroidery frames. You can dress them up or leave them plain. I wanted to add a few of my favorite instax pictures of my kids in a banner like form, hanging from twine.


Added some rub-ons to each photo & embellished with flower chipboard & butterfly accents.


Super simple & took no time to create. I can't wait until the entire wall is filled with these frames. Thanks for letting me share my project with you today...Happy Creating :)


Lily Bee Supplies Used:

This & That Pattern Paper: Pretty Fabric
This & That Pattern Paper: Brooch
This & That Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Catching Fall Rub-Ons
Domestic Bliss Chipboard Stickers

3 comments:

Unknown April 14, 2011 at 7:33 AM  

So cool! Love. Going to make some for my next house. And, since I used to cross-stitch (a million years ago!), I have frames already! :)

nancy April 14, 2011 at 1:09 PM  

So cute! Thanks for the inspiration.

Barb April 14, 2011 at 5:44 PM  

So very clever! I love this idea for the hoops, and the clothesline with pins for the photos is adorable. :)

Post a Comment