Dress Up Sign

>> Friday, January 21, 2011

My girls (and son- we've got dinosaur & superhero costumes!) love to play dress up. I rigged up this little dressing area for them in our play room, but the spot we have it in has this unsightly plug right above it. I wanted to make something to cover it up.

I grabbed this little unfinished sign I found at the Dollar Tree recently...
and covered it in some paper from the Domestic Bliss line.
I then ran a strip of adhesive around the back edge of the sign and roughly pleated some crepe paper around it.
So far, so good.
I wrapped baker's twine all around it, by snipping little areas in the crepe paper.
I then finished it off with a few flowers from Bella Blvd. from my stash, and chipboard embellishments & die cuts from the Domestic Bliss line. I fussy cut out the fancy girl from one of the papers for the final touch.












11 comments:

Unknown January 21, 2011 at 8:24 AM  

Ohmigosh, this is super cute! And you are organized! Our dressup stuff is in a box. In the closet. ;)

Ruth Ellen January 21, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

Super cute!! Now I want to make one for my girls' dress up room, too!

Brenda January 21, 2011 at 9:02 AM  

oh.my.goodness. so lovely!!

Lori Gentile January 21, 2011 at 9:37 AM  

You are so awesome!!!! I absolutely adore this!!!

LisaDay January 21, 2011 at 9:56 AM  

Totally fabulous!! Absolutely love this!!

Anonymous,  January 21, 2011 at 10:29 AM  

Shut up!!! This is CUTE Virginia...what a lovely idea :)

Jenni January 21, 2011 at 11:12 AM  

OH THIS IS ADORABLE, Virgina!! and so sweet and creative!!

Melissa January 21, 2011 at 8:04 PM  

Oh this is so cute! Love that polka dot paper and how the images worked so perfectly.

curlyqmosaics January 22, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

This is so precious! I love all the details...the ruffles, the twine, the polka dots. Too cute!

Sue Plumb January 24, 2011 at 4:26 PM  

LOVE this, it looks sooooo cute! :-)

Post a Comment