Cherished Photos

>> Thursday, December 23, 2010

Have you ever found yourself not scrapping your favorite photos because they mean so much to you?

Maybe it's because it's hard to find the right words to capture your thoughts, or the idea that it must be the "perfect layout" because the memory is so precious. Whatever the reason that is keeping you from scrapping your cherished photos, I have certainly been there, and this is one of those photos.

I was recently going through my photos and I came across this picture of my daughter meeting Santa for the first time during her first Christmas (2 years ago!). It was such a special day and the photo completely captured the magic of her first Christmas. I decided to challenge myself to make this layout, and I am so glad I did.

I created a patchwork feel by using a square 1 1/2" punch, and punching 30 squares from the patterned paper in Lily Bee's beautiful Christmas Town Collection. I then surrounded the grid with phrases from the Christmas Town rub-ons.

The chipboard buttons created a sweet layered look on top of some twisted bakers twine. I twisted the twine in a pattern I liked, then adhered the twine in bits and pieces (instead of the entire piece of twine) with Helmar's adhesive runner.

I hope this inspires you to pull out those extra special photos and memories that you are holding on to and get them down on Lily Bee paper!!

5 comments:

MichelleB December 23, 2010 at 3:28 AM  

What a gorgeous page! I love the paper quilt and all the little embellishments!

Anonymous,  December 23, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

absolutely GORGEOUS Jenni :)

Shelley December 23, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

I wish I had your talent - beautiful layout! Have a wonderful Christmas season!

Petra Coolen December 23, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

I just LOVE this layout.
Very creative.

Jill December 23, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

I completely relate. There are some photos that I hoard for fear of not doing them justice on a layout. This is SO not a problem with your layout -- it's BEAUTIFUL!

Post a Comment