Thankful

>> Sunday, October 31, 2010


Hello.  Ronda here.  I wanted to show you how to make this quick little mini album.  For me it starts with my husband's job taken him out of the country for quite some time.  Thanksgiving will be the last holiday we will spend as a family for a while.  I want him to know how much he is loved so i thought this mini would be a great little gift he can take with him.  I am going to ask the family to fill out the grateful cards tucked into the pockets.  That is my plan but this mini album can be used for many different things.  You could do a grateful mini album for a specific person, for the things you are grateful for in your life, or as a thanksgiving mini album. 

So let's get creating....

I tend to create a template for my homemade mini albums.  I write the size on the templates for easy use later one.  This one is a simple pocket album that i can tuck little notes into the pages.  Plus I can get multiple pages out of one sheet of paper.  Bonus.

This shows you how to cut the paper to get 4 pages out of one sheet.
I cut the paper 4 x 8".  Score the paper at 5" down and fold the flap up.  I corner rounded the top edges. 
I cut multiple pages out since i want to include lots of family members.  You could choose to add a little or a lot.
I stitched my side pockets down.  You can use adhesive, machine stitches, or hand stitches.
Here are all my pages.
I created these cute pocket pages for my family to write why they are grateful for Andrew.  I wanted to share them with you so too.  You can download this Grateful Tag inserts at my blog here.  This will print on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.

For my cover it took one of the cool Catching Fall rub-ons to add to the Maya Road tickets for my cover.  I also added a few of the thankful, grateful, blessed on the cover.  
 Here is a peek at some of the interior pages.  I cannot wait to complete it and give it to my husband. 
I think I will be adding family photos onto the backside of the pages.

8 comments:

Unknown October 31, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing the template for the journaling cards!

Jenni November 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

this is incredibly beautiful ronda! I know your husband will love it.

MichelleB November 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Love this! What a cute project and great idea! Thank you for sharing!

ascondra November 6, 2010 at 6:41 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment