A Little Bit of Motherly Advice

>> Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lately I have found myself including bits and pieces of "motherly advice" in the journaling portion of my children's layouts. There is so much on my heart that I want to share with them. Of course I verbally tell them these important things, but I want to record them as well so that they can revisit these thoughts later in life.

I decided to go ahead with this theme and create a layout for my daughter with some "motherly advice", or in my case, my specific prayers for her at two years old.


Lily Bee's Domestic Bliss Line was a perfect fit for this layout! I love the feminine, vintage feel the papers and embellishments add to my layout.

Even though I only used one photo, I decided I wanted this to be a two page layout. I love to include embellishments that help "support the story" and cluster them around the photo. By centering the photo slightly at an angle over the center of the two pages, it created a nice flow for the layout and a perfect amount of negative space around the outside of the design. I surrounded the design with my journaling.


My mother always taught me not to let anything go to waste, so I decided to use the negative space of the Lovely Chipboard Stickers as a part of my design. There is the slightest line of color around each chipboard space and it matches perfectly with the Domestic Bliss papers! I added a few rub-ons from the Catching Fall collection in the center of the chipboard peices.


One of my favorite papers in the Domestic Bliss line is "Centerpiece". It is a gorgeous, fun floral pattern-- you can use the whole sheet or cut out individual flowers as an embellishment as I did in the right corner of the layout.


Finally, I finished my layout with some bakers twine. I twisted the bakers twine and let it fall along the paper in a pattern that i liked. I used Helmar's adhesive to secure the twine in place.


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a great weekend!


Supplies used: Domestic Bliss, Catching Fall, and Lovely lines from Lily Bee Design; Dress form, Kraft Ticket, and Stick Pins by Maya Road; Bingo Faith Card, Yellow Journaling Card, Circle Alpha Stickers and Orange Button by Jenni Bowlin; Blue Alpha Chipboard by Cosmo Cricket)

3 comments:

Jill October 10, 2010 at 12:51 AM  

This is so incredibly cute. I love all of the charming details!

Stacy Cohen October 11, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

This is darling!!! I adore all the little bits and pieces!

Unknown October 13, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

Love, love, love this Jenni!

Post a Comment