We begin and end with family . . .

>> Tuesday, October 12, 2010

One of my favorite quotes is Anthony Brandt's: "Other things may change us, but we begin and end with family."  So when I spotted this great quote on Lily Bee's new Catching Fall rub-ons, I knew immediately that I was going to create a family layout.  I  wanted the photo and the quote to be the focal points of the page, therefore I went with a "clean and simple" minimalistic page design.


I cut out a few of the leaves from the "Flannel Sheets" paper and placed it up top near the title, then I added one of the Lily Bee chipboard buttons that I dressed it up with Stickles and hemp cord.  I also added some adorable Maya Road tags, chipboard and a Medallian flower. 


I cut a scalloped edge on the paper and I used the scallops as a guide for punching the holes for my hand stitching.  And then there's that great Lily Bee rub-on (have I mentioned how much I love ALL of the Lily Bee rub-ons??).  I placed the quote in the white space at the bottom of my page so that it would really stand out.



Have a great day!!

3 comments:

Zarah October 12, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

Sooo beautiful! WTG Stacy!!

Jenni October 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

this is gorgeous stacy! Love how you used the rub-on and i love the stitching under the scallop!

Post a Comment