A repurposed yard sale find

>> Monday, September 13, 2010

Ok, in the spirit of full disclosure, it was not me that did the actual yard saling and hunting that found this little beauty, but a friend. A sweet friend who decided to pass it on to me to play with. :)



It just so happened that I had a big ol' box of new Lily Bee Designs "Catching Fall" papers and rub ons, so I used them to make this display for my home.
They have the perfect tones that match my home's decor.
I cut up the strip of rub ons that say "so blessed" on the sheet and layered them vertically on top of my shipping tag. The good folks at Maya Road were so generous with us designers this month and we have a few of their fun products to play with- so I added them on here as well!
I added a few of the Lily Bee Design "Christmas Town" chipboard buttons- I love the punch of contrast they add.
A bunting of mini punched hearts was added by simply hand sewing red & white baker's twine through them.

9 comments:

Meghann Andrew September 13, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Oh my goodness, this is awesome! I'd love to find something like that at a yard sale to spruce up!

beckyjune September 13, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

This is so lovely, Virginia!

Unknown September 13, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

Virginia girl this is BRILLIANT||

Deanna September 14, 2010 at 7:00 AM  

Love this Virginia! You always do the best yard sale make-overs!

Brenda Hurd September 16, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

wow girl - this is fabulous!!

Post a Comment