family.

>> Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I was looking at my lily bee Catching Fall rub-ons when one word stood out to me, FAMILY.  We recently took a family photograph while camping with relatives.  I cannot tell you the last time we had one with the four of us together.  I decided to create an altered press-board canvas to hold our family photo.


I started off painting my canvas first with a yellow and then with a chocolate brown. I wanted to have the bits of yellow peeking through and i am very happy with the results.


Then i layered the beautiful Catching Fall Pattern paper over the canvas. That word print on the Cider Pattern paper was too cute not to use it on my background.


Stacked another pattern paper and my photo onto the background.  I used a couple goodies from Maya Road and a Catching Fall Chipboard flower.  Next i cut some triangle pennant pieces out of various Catching Fall pattern paper.


I popped them up using Helmar Zap Dots. It gave those pennants just the right amount of dimension. 


Lastly i added the red Family rub-on from the Catching Fall Line.  I love my little family canvas.  I have the perfect spot to hang it on my wall.  I just need to decide whether to frame it or leave it as is.

Love Always,

2 comments:

Unknown September 29, 2010 at 5:18 PM  

Super cute project and beautiful family!

MichelleB September 30, 2010 at 5:02 AM  

Lovely! Great distressed feel to the page and cute banner!

Post a Comment