Back to School

>> Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's back to school time.

Four of my kids started back yesterday and I found myself having very mixed feelings about it. It's nice to have a little more time to get things done and to get back on schedule but I'll miss all the time I was able to spend with them this past summer.

The kids had mixed feelings as well. My teenagers were not that thrilled to go back, one of my younger ones was nervous at attending a new school but the littlest was so excited. This layout is about his Back 2 School Grin.



I love all the text in the Lily Bee lines and this makes them really great for those school themed projects. Once again I've mixed up the Hello Sunshine line with the Lovely line for a fun and unique color combo and look.

The grid elements in one of the Hello Sunshine papers and die cuts reminds me of school as well. By printing a photo directly on the subtle pattern of the die cut, you end up with a fun photo treatment.


To do this, edit your photo to the size and shape you wish to print. Run a sheet of printer paper through the printer to print a test image. Adhere the die cut paper directly over the printed photo where you wish it to print. Place the paper back into the printer and print again.

While it's pretty quiet around here these days, back to school means I can now get busy having fun with the new Lily Bee lines. I can't wait to get started!

1 comments:

Jenni September 8, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

such a great idea to print this on the die cut! adorable layout!

Post a Comment