bits + pieces.

>> Sunday, August 29, 2010

admit it...you save/hoard even the most random bits of leftovers if you really love them, right? clearly i do, lol.


i had been hanging onto the remnants/negative of the Hello Sunshine die-cuts for who knows how long. they'd get bent and crimped in my box of leftovers...passed over time and again...and then i realized there was still plenty of color there to be used up!


i just trimmed around what was left from the backing and ended up with these fun frames. cut them to bits and started gluing around the edge. they just popped right off the page when i backed them against the grey cardstock! used one of the Hello Sunshine rub-ons for my title AND my journaling jump start...and even the rest of the papers on this one were cast-offs from past projects.


proof that you should never throw away a bit of something...
9 times out of 10 it can be repurposed as something fun.

:)

6 comments:

beckyjune August 29, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

I definitely DO hang onto those things ♥ What a great idea to use the frame leftovers that way.

Jill August 29, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

Ha! This is such a creative way to make use of those leftovers from the die-cut sheets. I have a bunch that I refuse to throw away. I use them as masks from time to time.

A Sarasota August 29, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

I keep every tiny bit! especially my Lily Bee Lovely...

Débora Prass September 2, 2010 at 5:54 AM  

What a great idea! And to think I threw some away...:( Loved the layout!

Unknown September 2, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

Very, very cool idea! Love this!

Post a Comment