Making the most of a beloved piece of patterned paper

>> Thursday, July 22, 2010

When I have a sheet of patterned paper that I absolutely love -- like this Picnic paper from the Hello Sunshine line -- I like to make the most of it and find ways to use it prominently on more than one layout.  One thing I sometimes do is cut a large square from the center of the paper so that I have a nice big piece to use on one layout and the remaining frame to use on another.

Here's the first layout I did with the frame a little while back:


I stitched around the edge of the frame and attached some lace and trim underneath.  To give my frame a little dimension, I popped it up with Helmar Zapdots.

I saved the center square of my Hello Sunshine paper and used it on this layout:

I crocheted around the edge of the paper and the outer cardstock.  I used Helmar's 450 Quick Dry adhesive (greats stuff!!) on this page.

Can I tell you much I LOVE all the Lily Bee rub-ons??!?  The sentiments are perfect for so many layouts.  In fact, I used one of the rub-ons as my title on this page.  For a slightly different twist, I used the rub-on on a piece of thick fabric:
Lastly, I stacked a few of the chipboard pieces.  I flipped over the middle chipboard piece and added glitter to the sticky side:



Thanks so much for stopping by!!

12 comments:

Keshet July 22, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

Love both of these! The rubon on the fabric is too cool! And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog--I bet that would be a beautiful page!

Kelly Massman July 22, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

I'm usually just a lurker, but I had to say how beautiful both of these layouts are!!! Love the crochet and flowers on the 2nd one and the 1st one is just so much fun--walking along the water!

Unknown July 22, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

These layouts are truly gorgeous!!

Jill July 22, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

Whoa! Fantastic layouts!

Ronda Palazzari July 22, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

stacy you always blow me away with the crochet bits & pieces. It makes me want to learn! Love the color combos!

Olivia July 22, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

I like to stretch my favourite supplies as far as possible too. Love all the little details in your creations, they're really beautiful :)

vintage girl at heart July 22, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

so fabulous!!
lovin' the crocheted page!

beckyjune July 22, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

That crocheting is amazing! I really need to try that on a page. I like to cut the center out and use the other part as a frame, too. I guess I'm stingy with my paper :)

JgWM July 22, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

Stacy,

These are beautiful. I love all of the details on your pages!

Gayle

LisiB July 23, 2010 at 12:08 AM  

So funny! Just yesterday I did the same with a paper. Love the idea of rub ons onto fabric. I have to try this out. Thanks for sharing.
http://www.myschnipselblog.blogspot.com/

Sherri Everett Thompson July 23, 2010 at 5:37 AM  

Stacy, these layouts are gorgeous! The paper tip is wonderful, but what I really loved is seeing how you embellished your pages. The crocheting is beautiful, and I love the layered chipboard idea. I will definitely be "lifting" that idea from you! Unfortunately, I don't know how to crochet, but I might have to learn! :)

Michelle July 26, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

These both are gorgeous!!! I love how you crocheted the border on the second one!!!

Post a Comment