Make It New

>> Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I know we're all excited about the forthcoming lines,

but while we wait...
why not dive into your stash and "rediscover"
what you love best about Lily Bee?
"New" doesn't always have to mean recent;
it's all about seeing with fresh eyes.

One of the most wonderful things about Lily Bee's lines
is that they have a kind of "classic" continuity about them.
This layout, for example, uses a bunch of different lines,
including Vintage Poppy, Three Little Birds, French Couture, Lovely, and Hello, Sunshine.
Why stay within "lines", after all, when it's so fun to cross them?

To raise some of the hearts and the letter "R,"
I used Helmar Zapdots, which are perfect for adding dimension
and literally taking parts and pieces of your layout to another level.

And while you're waiting for the new releases,
you've got the time to rethink those rub-ons in new ways.
As pretty as they are straight out of the packaging,
why not cut them up, rework them, and give them a new look on your pages?
In the pic above,
you can see how I took the bottom line of the Lovely rub-ons
(which originally read "what I love right now")
and reconstructed it in a new and different way.
I also pulled the words "my" and "you" from the Hello, Sunshine rub-ons
(which originally read "you are my everything")
to complete my lovely little mantra.

I also challenged myself to revisit some items
that I've never used before.
I'm pretty sure that an untouched item in a stash
still qualifies as some variety of "new" -- kind of like an unopened present,
or a recipe you've never tried before (even though you've had it forever).
In this case, it was the swirly-whirly "Double Dutch" paper
from the Three Little Birds line that I used for the first time.

And I must say, it was perfect for this "Wild Child" layout,
creating kind of a contained explosion of cuteness.
I found the "new" here with some help from butter yellow paint,
which roughed up a bit of the Hello, Sunshine polka dot paper
and added some texture to the chipboard flowers.

So even though
my own scrappy fingers are shaking
at the thought of all the new Lily Bee products
heading our way soon,
there's always room for the "new" among our existing supplies.
Every single page,
every single project,
every single creative endeavor
offers us a chance to see with fresh eyes.
Make it new.


10 comments:

my paper love studio July 27, 2010 at 3:05 AM  

just love how you mixed the different lines together... stunning layouts!!!

Unknown July 27, 2010 at 4:49 AM  

these all look so GREAT Jill & what a cool idea w/ the changing colors of the patterns & chipboard! love it!

Jenni July 27, 2010 at 6:50 AM  

WOW i love both of these Jill! So Beautiful!!! And so many neat things to look at!!!!

Virginia July 27, 2010 at 7:00 AM  

JILL! These are SERIOUSLY AWESOME. I want to go scrap RIGHT THIS MINUTE.

Larajc July 27, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

Looks wonderful! I am in the middle of a project using Vintage Poppy...it is my own version of a printer's tray/shadow box, and it is turnign out fabulous!

Olivia July 27, 2010 at 4:57 PM  

Beautiful layouts. I just had some Three Little Birds delivered today, hope I get the chance to play with it tomorrow :)

Random Acts of Krafting July 27, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

WOW! I love how you used the papers.Loved the hearts and the raised letters in the first layout.
Hugs
Tanya

Nitasha July 27, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

SuperCute LOs! And yeah, I need to use what I have now.... so I have an excuse to buy more more more new lily bee!!!

Unknown July 28, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

Gorgeous ideas! Love these layouts!

Post a Comment