Coffee anyone?

>> Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Who doesn't love a cup of coffee in the morning, especially if you've been up at 11:00pm the night before on conference calls, but when it comes to this type of coffee... well I guess it really depends on your taste and preferences.

My husband and I just returned from our weekend in Bali and one of things that we had a chance to do was visit a coffee plantation and try the "luwak" coffee, which is basically coffee made from, well you see that little animal there? His favorite food is coffee beans and therefore, the Indonesian have found away to recycle things.



And yes, we did give it a try. It is said to be the best coffee in the world, but I would say that it is an acquired taste and hubby just loves it!

For this layout, I went with the "hello sunshine" collection and just love how the black and white pictures contrast against the bright colors. Also I used the Helmar Scrap Dots 3-Dimensional Glue to super glue down the doily and the flower, and was perfect as it drys clear.



Ooops, I just realized that there's spelling mistake on my journaling details there (really recommend using the spell check, if you are not already using it unlike me).

Also thought I would share the process behind this layout, as I initially started with a 8.5x11 page in mind and then somewhere along the process it changed into a 12x12 page.



I think the changed came when I couldn't bring myself to trim the pattern paper and also wasn't sure if there would be enough space for all the pictures that I wanted to include.



And last but not least, which color mist should I use?



Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to share your projects with us on the Lily Bee Ning Site!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Brenda Hurd June 8, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

such a great layout Piradee- love the way you have your mists organized!

Rebecca In MI June 8, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

This looks very interesting and a very colorful lo! I'm going to bookmark it so I can come back in a few days and really give it some look see that it deserves!

Jenni June 8, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

great layout--- and i am jealous of your mist collection!!! :)

Jill June 9, 2010 at 12:50 AM  

Amazing, as always! As for that coffee, yep, I am pretty sure that it must be an acquired taste, as you said. LOL!

Ronda Palazzari June 16, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

love seeing your process. And your mist template...BRILLIANT!

Emen Mali June 30, 2010 at 5:42 AM  

did you make your own glimmer mist color chart?

Post a Comment