Signs of Spring

>> Sunday, May 16, 2010

Being a native Californian has definitely produced a whimpy weather chick in me. My husband lovingly jokes that I have a comfortable 2 degree range and, actually, he's closer than he thinks. The truth is that while California does not have four true seasons and the weather that goes along with them, it does have the tell-tell signs of each.

For me, the signs of Spring were all around from the blossoming trees and plants to the stores filled with Easter colors, candy and goods. The weather was still rainy, just like our mild Winter, but the color of the landscape changed and with it, my mood. I love seeing these signs. The two biggest signs for me are our Easter preparations and the Wisteria blooming in our yard. I plan to dedicate a layout to each of the season's signs for the next year. I think it will be a great way to look back and remember fondly my favorite signs of the seasons showing both nature and our family traditions.


Supply List:
Lily Bee - Lovely Patterned Papers
Lily Bee - Lovely Chipboard
Lily Bee - Lovely Rub-ons

On this layout, I pop-dotted the photos using Helmar's Zapdots. I love to pop dot my photos to give them dimension and add some interest. I, also, used an ultra fine sharpie to outline the photos to make them stand out a bit more on the page.

I like to outline chipboard, too. I used Helmar's 450 Quick Dry adhesive to adhere the ribbon and lace. It dries clear, so you don't see any glue lines. The Lovely Collection is so versatile with it's wide color range and that makes it one of my all time favorites.

3 comments:

Scrappyjo May 17, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

Living near San Diego, I totally agree with you!! What a great layout!

Jenni May 18, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

so many fun details to look at

Post a Comment