Lovely Paper Lace

>> Saturday, May 15, 2010



Hello All!  This weekend i am going to show you how i created the Lovely lace paper on my two page layout.  But before we get to the tutorial, I wanted to point out a the chipboard detail to you.  I painted the Lovely Chipboard Stickers to match some of the colors on my page.  It's an easy way to add details to an already awesome product.


My Supplies include two strips of pattern paper 1.75 x 12 " long, a lace punch, and a sewing machine.  My punch is the Martha Stewart Doily Punch.  You could use any lace type border punch or scalloped edge border punch.



Adhere the two strips together & border punch one edge of the strip.


Fold the pattern paper back & forth on each other creating a ruffled look.  When you are folding the paper, it should be folded both ways, some folds to the left, some to the right.


It should look something like this when you are done folding.  If you don't own a sewing machine, you can glue down these folds.  It will be a bit tedious but i think worth it in the end.


If you don't want to glue the folds down, run the strip through a sewing machine.  It is an easy way to tack it down plus it gives you that "fabric" feel to the paper.  I like to do a couple different stitches on my paper.


The strip "shrinks" quite a bit which is why I used two 12" strips.  It looks so pretty & can be used on so many projects.  Here are a few close ups of my page:


I hope you will try out this technique & share your creations!

13 comments:

Jenni May 15, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

i LOVE this- beautiful layout!

jo May 15, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

Gorgeous lace effect and I love the whole layout!

Jill May 15, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

Wow, wow, and MORE wow!

Lori Gentile May 15, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

Ronda! Your page is so stunning. Thank you, thank you for the awesome tutorial!

Trudi Harrison May 15, 2010 at 5:41 PM  

Stunning layout!!! The lace paper is gorgeous - thanks for sharing

gudrun May 16, 2010 at 4:51 AM  

Love your Layout and the tutorial.
Thanks for sharing :) :)

Rene Sharp May 16, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

Fabulous tutorial. I am a huge fan Ronda!

Tracy May 17, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

Thanks for sharing, it's such a great layout, and I love how you made the "lace"! =)

Off to go try this out myself now...

mely May 20, 2010 at 6:36 AM  

I love it. A fantastic page!

Angela W June 10, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

I really like your layout and the ruffles!

Unknown June 16, 2010 at 4:48 AM  

Parabéns, ficou lindo......... Amei este cortador de renda, ainda não tinha visto neste modelo, também não sei se tem aqui no Brasil.

Post a Comment