Happiness...

>> Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I've decided that 2010 is the year I'm going to focus on what makes me happy. I love finding the little things in my life that bring me happiness. Lily Bee makes me happy. And making a layout with Lovely Lily Bee products, about the things that make me happy, was a naturally perfect fit.


(I apologize that I failed to take step-by-step pictures, so I hope my explanation makes sense!) For this layout I created a grid for the placement of my embellishments and my pictures. I sketched out 2 1/2" squares with a ruler and a pencil (which I erased at the end!). Then I took a sheet of the Lovely Chipboard Stickers and removed the largest piece from the chipboard shapes and trimmed off the backing so I was left with one negative space on my sheet of chipboard. I flipped the sheet over and lined it up over my grid where I wanted the shape to be and made sure to cover the rest of my page with scrap papers so I didn't over spray. Then I misted into the negative shape (If you do this be sure you flip it over so you are spraying onto the back side of your chipboard and not ruining the beautiful pieces!) I used a heat gun (or you could use a blow dryer) in between misting each spot so I didn't smear the mist and because I'm too impatient to wait for each one to dry! Then I just punched out some random pictures of things that make me happy with my circle punch and placed them in the circles with random bits of the chipboard shapes. I love how easily the rub-ons go on...even on the shapes!

Here's a closer look at the pages.





I also made this layout just for fun (part of the happiness thing!). This day is one of those days my daughter will remember for a long time. I love these kinds of memories. The Hello Sunshine line was perfect for highlighting this fun moment in our lives. (I think I could use the chipboard shapes on every layout and never tire of them!!)



6 comments:

Olivia May 19, 2010 at 2:21 AM  

Lovely layouts! I really like the happiness one, it has given me some good ideas for journaling & topics for pages. Thanks for sharing :)

Lori Gentile May 19, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

Such wonderful layouts, Lisa!!! I adore both!

Jenni May 19, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

LOVE how you used the chipboard! Great idea!

Angela W June 10, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

I love how you misted the shapes and used it so creatively for your page!

Post a Comment