Western Banner

>> Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's easy to think of polka dots, florals, and damask patterns as "girly," but the colors in the Hello Sunshine line make it easy to add a boyish touch to it.

My son's 4th birthday party was last week, and he's a HUGE Toy Story fan. He in particular loves the character "Woody," so we focused on the cowboy side of things.

I created this "Yeehaw!" banner as a decoration for the party, using a Maya Road chipboard banner, the Lily Bee "Hello Sunshine" line, and my Silhouette machine.
I used a ton of Helmar Zapdots to pop up the stars and give the banner some dimension.
I thought the little chipboard buttons in the middle of the letters added a cool touch. Torn muslin strips made it look more "rugged."
This cowboy (cut on my Silhouette machine) was inked and then spritzed with Copper Glimmer Mist.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Lori Gentile May 19, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

This is adorable! I love it and what a great idea!

Gina May 19, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

This is sooo soo cute V!!!!

Unknown May 19, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

Ohhh love this! Great western look!

LisaDay May 19, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

This is so cute! love it!!

Unknown May 19, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

This is such a great banner. Love the colors and the images you used. Thanks for sharing

Lisa May 19, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

oh my gosh - i need one of these in cole's bedroom - adorable virginia!

Brenda Hurd May 19, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

this is amazing!! Love it!!

Post a Comment