New Beginnings: Get to Know Virginia Tillery

>> Wednesday, March 24, 2010


1. Must have scrapbook supply?
patterned paper! if i had nothing but patterned paper, i could make do! i love the stuff!

2. Why & when did you start scrapbooking?

I was invited to a home party for scrapbooking the year I got engaged. The first pics I ever scrapped was from one of my wedding showers. I remember that I even "got creative" then on the stuff the consultant supplied me, and did my own thing. I felt like I'd finally found a way to fully express all the things I loved: creativity, paper, stories, and photos.

3. Guilty Pleasures?

reality tv (Survivor, Big Brother, America's Next Top Model, the Amazing Race.... yeah. It's a problem.) I mostly listen to them while I scrap, though. I rarely actually just sit down and watch anything. I'd rather be keeping my hands busy!

4. Two things you want very badly at this moment?

Springtime + flip flops!!


5. 3 items in your purse?

a sippy cup, my favorite L'Oreal Infallible lipgloss in "Truffle", and my library card. Three things we can't do without! :)

6. Favorite scrapbook technique or style?
Distressed/vintage/shabby chic

7. When do you feel most creative?

At night, once the house is picked up and the kids are quieted down.

8. Do you snack while you scrapbook?

If so, what? Sometimes; usually I make homemade kettle corn on the stove. SO yummy!


9. Do you have a scrapbook confession?

My scrap area is SUPER tiny. I try to keep everything fairly purged through; sometimes as frequently as once a month! I share a craft room with my kids and I don't want to take up the whole room with my stuff (as easy as that would be!). Plus, more choices for me in my scrapping process seem to really slow me down. I keep it all down to my favorite stuff and pass on the rest to some new scrappers I know.

10. Favorite TV shows?

Ahem, see #3. ;) Also, add in "Glee!"

11. Jobs you've had?

Lifeguard, server at Johnny Rocket's, nanny, church secretary, and mommy!

12. What are you listening to, right now?

a mix of things, including Imogen Heap, Regina Spektor, Ingrid Michaelson. etc.

6 comments:

Gina March 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

Yeah V!!!! Lily Bee is SOO SOO lucky to have you!!!! :D

Unknown March 24, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

love your layouts Virginia. fun reading & learning more about you :)

beckyjune March 24, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

Hey, Virg! It's so fun to read more about you here and to see your cute pages again. I'm still so excited that you made the team :)

Unknown March 24, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

That bird print is stunning!

Shan Herren March 24, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

So excited to see what Virginia will do with Lily Bee! Love your Cowboy layout and I'm drooling over the wall hanging!

Michelle March 24, 2010 at 11:02 PM  

Can't wait to see what Virginia comes up with. She is so fantastic!

Post a Comment