New Beginnings: Get to Know Lisa Day

>> Tuesday, March 23, 2010


1. Must have scrapbook supply?
Patterned paper and alpha stickers - I have a slight obsession!

2. Why & when did you start scrapbooking?

I start scrapbooking when I was pregnant with my son. It became an addiction after I watched my grandma suffer from Dementia and knew that I needed to get my memories recorded before I forget them. Plus, playing with all this pretty stuff is just fun!

3. Guilty pleasures?
Seasonal beers, spending a day by myself and afternoon naps

4. Two things you want very badly at this moment?

A job where I can do what I love (or to just win the lotto!) and to travel someplace nice with my husband (we never had a honeymoon)


5. 3 items in your purse?

My iPhone, vaseline and headphones

6. Favorite scrapbook technique or style?
Simple(ish) with a touch of fun -- and anything that really captures the story and the emotion

7. When do you feel most creative?

Unfortunately, either when I'm at work and can't do anything or late at night when I should be sleeping!

8. Do you snack while you scrapbook? If so, what?

Yes, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Sprite (I probably should have listed this as my guilty pleasure!)


9. Do you have a scrapbook confession?

I have no idea what I'm doing. I just move things around until things feel right. Once I get things figured out I take a picture with my iPhone so I remember where things went so I can glue them back down in the right spot.

10. Favorite TV show?

Glee, Vampire Diaries, Charmed re-runs, Hero's, The Tudors, Lost...I watch TV while I'm scrapbooking!

11. Jobs you've had?
I started working when I was 15 on the family tree farm, after that I worked as a trainer/shift manager at BK, managed a video store, did accounts receivable (credit card collections), marketing analyst, Director of Marketing, Executive Assistant/Graphic Design.

12. What are you listening to, right now?

My kids arguing (I mean getting along wonderfully!) while I'm trying to fill this out -- in their defense it's bedtime and it's been a long warm day!

9 comments:

beckyjune March 23, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

Yay, Lisa! It's so fun to read about you here and from what I've seen of your work, you definitely know what you're doing :) I'm still so excited that you made the team!!!

Zarah March 23, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

Love your work, Lisa!!

Gina March 23, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

WoohoO!!! I LOVE that Good Ball LO, the misting with the little circles of flags around them is genius!

iris March 23, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

Such fun and colorful layouts! Love it Lisa!

Gretchen March 23, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

Lisa is awesome! Had to laugh at number 12... that is so much life, lol!

Monique Liedtke March 23, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

Great layouts Lisa and I love your answer to question 9!

LisaDay March 23, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

Thanks for the welcome! I'm so excited to be a part of this amazing team!

Jenni March 24, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

i loved reading about you lisa! :)

Post a Comment