New Beginnings: Get to Know Stacy Cohen

>> Thursday, March 25, 2010


1. Must have scrapbook supply?
Beautiful paper, flowers and lace.

2. Why & when did you start scrapbooking?

I started scrapbooking in 2004. My daughters were 1 and 2 years old at the time, and I wanted to start preserving all those precious memories for them. After completing my first scrapbook page (complete with Paperkins and all!) I was totally hooked.

3. Guilty Pleasures?

I have a major sweet tooth and I “have to” have something sweet every day. I have a bowl of ice cream almost every night. My favorite flavors are Dreyer’s Grand Light Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter Cup. But I try and eat healthy foods too, so I figure it all balances out.

4. Two things you want very badly at this moment?

A new house and more time during the day.


5. 3 items in your purse?
Besides the usual, there’s a compact camera (I always have it with me for those important photo opportunities), Kleenex (my grandma used to tell me that a proper lady should always carry tissues in her purse), and pictures of my family.

6. Favorite scrapbook technique or style?
Favorite technique: I love to stitch and crochet on my layouts. Favorite style: I love shabby chic layouts with lots of dimension and different textures.

7. When do you feel most creative?

I feel most creative at night after my girls go to sleep and the house is quiet. It’s my “me” time when I can focus on my art.

8. Do you snack while you scrapbook?

If so, what? Refer to my answer to question 3 above. LOL! Yes, I almost always take a little break while scrapbooking and have a bowl of ice cream. Sometimes I snack on mini peanut butter cups or M & M’s while scrapping. That darn sweet tooth of mine!!!


9. Do you have a scrapbook confession?

I’m a recovering scrapbook supply hoarder. It used to be that I could never resist a good sale, and if there was something I liked, I’d buy a lot of it so that I would never run out. I have more packs of chipboard alphas than I’ll ever use, and don’t even ask me how much lace I have (my husband says my lace collection is taking over our house). Because of my senseless hoarding, my teeny tiny little scrap room is packed to the brim. I’ve since changed my ways, and now I’m a lot more careful about what I buy.

10. Favorite TV shows?
Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy, The Bachelor, Dancing With the Stars, Two and Half Men and re-runs of Friends.

11. Jobs you've had?

I work part-time as an insurance agent now, and before that I was an entertainment lawyer.

12. What are you listening to, right now?

The TV. I like to have it on in the background.

9 comments:

Virginia March 25, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

Stunning! I love all the details!

Lynn March 25, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

Love your work Stacy!!
Hoarders unite!! lol

Chris C March 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

Stacy - as always, amazing work!!

Tagnia March 26, 2010 at 5:09 AM  

Such beautiful layouts Stacy!!!

Danielle Flanders March 26, 2010 at 9:21 PM  

gorgeous creations! you are so very talented!

RockinReddRobin March 29, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

Hi Stacy! Loved the interview. And your layouts are just GORGEOUS!

~Robin

Post a Comment