a different perspective.

>> Monday, December 7, 2009

Hey everyone!! We thought we would do something a bit different and post our own favorite Lily Bee layouts we've done this past year...with an explanation of why we love it. It's always interesting (we think!) to hear about a layout from the creator's perspective.

Check back soon for a twist on this post, Kristen (our owner), will post her favorites!!

from Stephanie...
this one just makes me smile...it reminds me of such a special time in my life and i just adore this layout. (i have to agree...that photo is darling!!)
from Nicole...
this photo of my husband and daughter speaks volumes about their relationship...they can read each other's minds, i swear it!! add to that the fact that they often seem to be in cahoots, and it's a definite favorite.

from Lori:
I was able to journal the full story of how I met my husband and I treasure it because I know my children will when they are older. (awesome idea to get your 'story' down for your kids...love this idea, Lori.)


from Katrina:
this is my favorite layout because it features a rare photo of my husband with one of our girls. the photo shows just how fun and playful their relationship is. and i just love the french couture line...it is my all time favorite. (note to self: she's right...not enough pics of my husband and daughter together. must change that!)



from Jill:
I loved that we celebrated Audrey WITH Audrey -- that is, Audrey the collection and Audrey the icon. I had such a terrific time working with these papers AND with discovering just how many wise and witty quotations came from the mouth of Miss Hepburn. I fell in love with this quote, and could not resist using it on the layout: "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." It's rare that I'll let a quote do all of the talking for me on a layout, but I could NOT have said it any better! I knew that these words would be perfect advice for my daughter, so I created a page full of recent pics of her, to document my own little lady. (oh, Jill...great idea!! i often forget to look for a quote to sum up my thoughts...great starting point on journaling!)


from Brenda:

I like this layout first because it’s a vacation layout which I almost NEVER do - so it's priceless to me that I documented part of our trip - and second - the colors in the Audrey line are not a 'typical' color scheme - I love that it can be used on everything from vacations to holidays and everything in between! (definitely agree Brenda...vacation photos often go unscrapped, so this is great!)

I think the thing that is clear with all of these choices is that they all focus on the story...whether through photos or our words, these each strike a chord in our hearts.
Which is the whole idea of this hobby we love, isn't it??
:)

7 comments:

MichelleB December 7, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Love these pages! How sweet to read the stories behind them!

MelB December 7, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

This was fun! I loved learning about the los and why they are so special to the designer. Great idea! And those los are all so divine!

Olivia December 7, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Beautiful LOs & all the photos are lovely. I really enjoyed reading the stories behind the LOs, thanks for sharing them :)

my paper love studio December 7, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

wow... love all the pages and thanks for sharing your side of the stories :)

Glynis December 7, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

I can see why these are favorites. Great Layouts

Post a Comment