Letting Go of Perfect

>> Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Do you ever find yourself procrastinating about scrapbooking? Need hours to finish a page? Feel like you just don't have enough time?

It's a common problem and I've struggled with it from time to time as well. I want every layout to be special. To be perfect.

I've had to stop & reevaluate. Why do I scrapbook? It's not about being perfect. I just can't attain that. I'm also short on time. With five kids at home, hours on a layout is just not an option. I scrapbook to record my memories and to satisfy the creative urge. Period.

Why am I sharing this with you? I suspect there are quite a few scrapbookers out there just like me. You're short on time and you're waiting until you find the perfect time, the perfect idea, the perfect whatever...

Spring and summer are busy times of year but I just want to remind you that you can create quick layouts and just have fun. You don't have to wait for the perfect time to create. Just let go and enjoy. Just do it!



So here's a super quick layout to share. Using a simple grid approach can really speed things up. I'm lovin' on the gorgeous prints and colors in the new Happily Lost line. Yummmm! The colors have me dreaming of beautiful warm days ahead!


Punches are a super quick to scrap with. I love how punching different prints with the same punch really makes it fast and ties it all together.

Products Used:
Happily Lost Patterned Papers - Amazing Views, Hammock, Villa, Stroll, Sunsoaked
Hello Sunshine Chipboard Stickers

Happy creating!

6 comments:

Petra Coolen April 5, 2011 at 6:34 AM  

I am just like you.
Every layout has to be perfect :(
Don´t know what it is.
But I do know that it´s holding me back.

It´s time to stop and reevaluate.
Love your "simple" layout.
I think it´s perfect ;)

Unknown April 5, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

Love the layout. So filing it for future scraplifting!

kay April 5, 2011 at 11:58 AM  

LOVE this idea. I'm not so much about being perfect, but I feel I have to be in a creative genius mode to scrap, and frankly that just doesn't happen all that often.

Beautiful layout!!!

Cathy April 5, 2011 at 4:55 PM  

That is a darling layout!

Virginia April 5, 2011 at 6:36 PM  

I love this post and the layout. I couldn't agree more. Thank for the reminder!

Jenni April 8, 2011 at 8:29 AM  

julia - i needed to hear this today- thank you! i love the layout :)

Post a Comment