Making some shabby chic Lily Bee!

>> Monday, June 21, 2010

I love that Lily Bee products already have a rather "modern vintage" vibe (hush, I know that's an oxymoron, but go with me, k?), and it really goes great with my penchant for shabby chic style.

When scrapping these pics from the beach, I wanted to make a big background using the awesome Lily Bee rub ons. I cut bits and snips from all of the different rub ons, and put them randomly on a big square of white cardstock, that was inked/distressed, and then matted with some Hello Sunshine paper.


Then, to give the text a more muted feel, I lightly brushed white paint right on top of the rub ons. I left the words right under the picture on the left untouched, because I wanted there to be a little more focus on those words.


I also lightly rubbed some brown distress Stickles along the edges of the white cardstock and the torn pieces of patterned paper (these particular ones are from the Lovely collection).
I also sanded down the adorable chipboard buttons (I love, love, love them!) and scattered them throughout the layout.

8 comments:

Lori Gentile June 21, 2010 at 6:50 AM  

Beautiful, Virginia!!! Your layout is stunning!

Nitasha June 21, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

This is gorgeous. Love the distressing!

Unknown June 22, 2010 at 6:48 AM  

just BEAUTIFUL Virginia!!!

iris June 22, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

what a clever technique Virginia!

Stacy Cohen June 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

This is absolutely beautiful!

Post a Comment