Hexagon Love + Old Stash + Victoria Park = Awesomeness!

>> Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hi, everyone! Melissa here with my very first post on the Lily Bee blog. I'm so excited to be here!

When I first saw all of the new lines released at CHA, I felt an instant attraction to the hexagons in Victoria Park's "Wortley Village" print. The vibrant colors and the nested shapes are such a fun twist on a trend that I love already, and I wanted to make sure that I included a big chunk of that paper on my layout- so I splashed it right across the top!

DSC_8939.jpg

One of my favorite things about Lily Bee's collections are how they are tightly centered around a central color palette, but are also largely non-themed, opting instead for gorgeous patterns that can be used for pages of any subject- even just a photo of my niece petting one of my cats!

DSC_3748.jpg

I also love that Lily Bee designs are classic enough to use alongside some of my older supplies. I pulled out a  set of three year old gold foil embellishments and a ten year old (no, I'm not kidding!) sheet of printed vellum from my stash to use on this layout. Papers like these that can breathe new life into older supplies are a valuable scrapbooking commodity and are always a welcome addition to my stash!

DSC_3751.jpg

DSC_3750.jpg

Next time you get ready to scrap a layout with the new Lily Bee collections, challenge yourself to pull out an older supply or two to use along with them- you might just find yourself using up something that you've had forever!

Lily Bee Supplies:


Patterned Paper: Victoria Park- Wortley Village, Hyde Park, Princess Avenue, Richmond Row, Raspberry 

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek April 10, 2012 at 6:23 AM  

You know I loveeeeeeeeeeee your creations Melissa!!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love that sweet photo and loving the title!!!

Patricia Roebuck April 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM  

love the white space gorgeous!

Deanna April 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM  

beautiful page Melissa!

Unknown April 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM  

So pretty! Love that hex paper too.

Post a Comment